[SUGGESTIONS] Escape Mode Wishlist

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

TurtleShell09
level0

[SUGGESTIONS] Escape Mode Wishlist

Postby TurtleShell09 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 pm

2 big things I want from escape mode is
a) some kind of incentive to follow the regime laid out by the prison, like you are punished if found outside of the canteen during eat time or something
b) the need to keep an eye on your prisoner needs. id like to see some kind of negative effect on your prisoner if you are neglecting your needs

there is so much potential with this game mode, with all the detailed mechanics already in prison architect this mode could very well become an escapists killer. also prisoner relations I want to be more in depth than going up to someone and getting them to follow you, you should have to build up some kind of a friendship with them first before theyre willing to follow you into some ballsy escape attempt as seen in the v1 video. could also be useful to befriend gang members for their protection

post anything else you guys want to see from this mode in here, hopefully we can get this seen and get some of this stuff in the game!
2spooky
level0

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Escape Mode Wishlist

Postby 2spooky » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 pm

I've been waiting for this for so long I never thought it would come, so this stuff is coming directly from my dreams.

The main thing is that I hope you literally can do anything a prisoner can, reform programs, jobs, buying/selling things, having needs and using objects to satisfy those needs, gangs, I mean like everything. I remember it was said they wanted to let you do anything a normal prisoner can during the demo, so hopes are up. Other than that, having a few stock prisons to play in while people start designing escape mode specific prisons would be nice. The only other thing I can think of would be a small little editor for those who don't have their face in the game, and as an extra option for those who do, but yeah, really hyped for v1 mang.
montolh15
level1
level1

Postby montolh15 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm

One thing that will make escape mod an extreme success: Give the prisoner the option to spend reputation points to work his way up to become a gang leader. That would be absolutely awesome, you can then amass an army or gang members and steam roll through the front door.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 am

Very exciting, here are my own suggestions and hopefully some are already implemented:

- Needs apply to you. You do need to eat, sleep, use the bathroom, etc. With poor morale, you will be less effective and may temporarily lose control.
- "Survival mode" aka start as an ex cop or snitch.
- Improve trading system, become a professional contraband trader.
REDDQ
level1
level1

Postby REDDQ » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I am also very exited. It is brilliant idea to add mode like that with 12k prisons ready.

Couple of points:

1. I hope guards will automatically search nearby rooms if doggy sniffs out a tunnel. In sandbox player has to do it and without it digging you way out seems too easy.

2. Maybe in the future we will be able to bribe guards with hard earned money. Just look the other way man... you've got kids, wife... and mortgage.
whathopercy
level1
level1

Postby whathopercy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:36 am

Loyalty from squad members, like them leaving if you prove to be an ineffective leader or don't provide for their addictions. Also the ability to come in to the facility with some pre-deployment options. I.e., choosing your body type and head or possibly coming in with some low-level contraband. Maybe once you've beaten a prison with a specific prerequisite, you can have additional deployment options to spice up your experience. Perhaps, if you've joined a gang, you can come in as a soldier of that gang from the get-go. Or, if you've caused a high enough level of trouble, you can choose "death row mode" in which you have a limited time to escape before the prison explodes in lockdown and you begin your last walk. That might be distasteful, though, and I would understand perfectly why they might choose not to include something such as that. However, I feel it would be a great opportunity to bring the death row issue to a more personal level that would directly affect the player. The great things is that the possibilities with this mode are virtually limitless.

One more day.
bobybojunior
level1
level1

Postby bobybojunior » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:52 pm

whathopercy wrote: Also the ability to come in to the facility with some pre-deployment options. I.e., choosing your body type and head

The Devs allready showed that if you have a name in game, you come in as that person that you created.

Return to “Community Members”