[Suggestion] Heating Utility

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Laila
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Heating Utility

Postby Laila » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:11 pm

An additional utility and adding a new challenge to your prison.

Heating can allow for managing heating costs, where to place radiators, added punishment option for cold rooms, keeping infirmary hot for better recovery, keeping the morgue cold, nicer environment for vistitors, more productive staff, etc.
Benmc70
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Heating Utility

Postby Benmc70 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:14 pm

And add the heating/cooling efficiency with the type of walls used. It would be nice.
sonic_m
level1
level1

Postby sonic_m » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:50 am

What are the benefits of such a system? Once installed, it is just another layer in the already confusing utilities section. I tend to expect some things to happen in the background without me doing everything: Even though I never installed any kind of fire detection the game instantly informs me about a fire in the kitchen and I really appreciate this. I don't feel like installing fire detectors in my whole prison, just because you have to do this in RL: This is no simulation.
Laila
level1
level1

Postby Laila » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:43 pm

I find the phone call coming in every time there is a fire in the kitchen (which seems to be constantly) extremely annoying.

I would rather it just auto took you to scene with no phone call, or even window-in-window, or indeed a sound signalling a fire. I hate how the calls inturrupt the flow of gameplay. Especially the kitchen fire call because it happens all the time. As that system is currently working, I feel it adds very little to the game, no challenge, just annoyance.

Return to “Community Members”