(Suggestion) more upgrades for staff

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

terminalinsanity
level0

(Suggestion) more upgrades for staff

Postby terminalinsanity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 am

Individual upgrades for staff, similar to how you train guards for tazer certification. But like, lots more.

Hand-to-hand combat training to improve fighting skills,
Target practice to improve tazer & shotgun aim
Sprinting/running/gym training to improve str or speed.
First-aid class to allow guards to revive each other & retreat

a class for doctors so they identify & treat sick people.

Have a chance for failure & allow retesting after 10 days?
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Re: (Suggestion) more upgrades for staff

Postby RichieGrape » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:31 pm

staff radios - staff use radio to call for all available guards to help out in a infraction

baton training - makes gaurds use batons better

mace (pepper spray...not the blunt weapon lol) - has chance to make prisoner just give up fighting....causes prisoner to attack anything near them...weather its staff, another prisoner, or items...can't see what hes hitting so hes just swinging

declare emergency...all staff retreats to designated safe zone

riot gear - adds riot gear to the armory and new button "riot mode"...when riot mode is activated all available guards (not currently patrolling or stationed) should run to armory to grab riot gear

Furthermore i would like to see the way we hire staff change...all guards should be just a base guard...when hired he should show up via car/truck at the next hour...guards can than be selected and flagged to learn how to use a baton...radio...mace...tazor etc....they should also have the option to flag them to become a dog handler, armed guard, or riot capable...new program named "staff training" would need to be added and guards will go to that class to learn what hes been flagged for...some items like armed guard or dog handler should take multiple sessions to complete
Last edited by RichieGrape on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 pm

dog training - guard dogs become able to smell booze

advanced searching - higher chance to find contraband and tunnels when searching cells or prisoners (default rate could be lowered)

psychological skills - chance to make prisoner just give up fighting

eavesdrop skills - (small) chance to learn about prisoners traits, contraband possession or even tunnel plans (i.e. the same what CIs report) when being near them (by listening to conversations or observing their behaviour)

technical training - able to operate CCTV monitors, phone taps and door controls more efficiently (e.g. watch two cameras at once or open more doors per minute)

master classes for workers - faster construction

quotas - only x% of all guards should attend a certain training or get a certain equipment (e.g. only 50% should get the body armor, to allow the other ones to run faster, or only a fraction of the staff should have a certain expensive training)
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:56 pm

This whole idea could be a great way to give guards some individualism, while still just keeping them cogs. Guards could have 5 or so courses they could do, each one requiring the previous one completed to attend, which would slightly buff them. Then on the deployment screen would could deploy guards 'of this level or higher', with a pref towards guards who 'just' qualify (so higher qualified guards are available for roles only they can fill). Guard paychecks would rise slightly, but they would also be more effective. This would be a push towards 'dumping guards from the sky' not being the solution to all problems, as well as making the player a little more cautious about the individual guard. One or two deaths a day mightn't worry the CEO, but if a SuperMax prisoner is shiving a decent guard or two a day, you might reconsider only having one sacrificial guard watch the showers whos only there to provide the alert and then get over welled.
XxBoonexX
level0

Postby XxBoonexX » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:40 am

Id love to be able to level up my staff. maybe even promotions.
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:48 am

Yeah, I think it would also be interesting to see a course to help guards calm a jumping or shouting prisoner before they kick off. That said, there would have to be something to balance it all out.
Kilyle
level1
level1

Postby Kilyle » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:32 am

XxBoonexX wrote:Id love to be able to level up my staff. maybe even promotions.

I'd also like to be able to level up my staff, and have them look different based on their level and/or abilities. Also, why doesn't this game have a receptionist? It seems weird that guards would all be interchangeable as far as filing paperwork for incoming prisoners.

Being able to level up my cooks to be better cooks would be kinda neat. Though that might be covered with just the prisoners learning to cook, and the suggestion I gave about certain prisoners pursuing education via the library, thus learning to cook better by borrowing cookbooks, and so on.

Maybe I could decide whether to hire better cooks. But then again, that's covered by the settings for meals.

Having dogs trained to be better at different parts of their job -- better at digging for tunnels, better at sniffing out booze, whatever -- that might be neat.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:48 am

I just wish they'd make all entities have same properties and features. For example, staff should have needs, status effects and so on. Would make modding a whole lot easier not having to treat every entity differently due to inconsistent api.

Return to “Community Members”