Prisoners won't jog during freetime/yard/work

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Lellulillu
level0

Prisoners won't jog during freetime/yard/work

Postby Lellulillu » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:48 am

Hello everyone,

so, my problem is that prisoners won't go jogging around yards during freetime, yard time, or work. This wouldn't be a problem if I could just use weight benches for exercise, but I got the mayor's request to remove all benches for ninety-something hours. Certain prisoners aren't happy to be without exercise for that long and it caused my current prison's first deaths. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I have scheduled freetime/yard for everyone, everyone has access to a yard, all yards are paved with paving stone. Any suggestions?

Thank you! :)
Aleksi "Lellulillu" Laine
eths2
level1
level1

Re: Prisoners won't jog during freetime/yard/work

Postby eths2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:12 am

They were jogging? I always thought they were running around in protest... Well I guess it is a bug? Maybe:
Make a larger yard if it is too small
Haven't got that event but is it remove benches throughout the entire prison or just the yards? If it is just the yards then you can put some benches in the common rooms and the cells of prisoners if you want.

If neither of these then it has to be a bug or something I don't know. Just try to lock up some of the prisoners who riot and give them other good things. Remember if prisoners have a good cell then they are less likely to get upset so maybe try to get some more luxuries in their cells.
Lellulillu
level0

Postby Lellulillu » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks for the reply :)

eths2 wrote:They were jogging? I always thought they were running around in protest... Well I guess it is a bug? Maybe: Make a larger yard if it is too small

Yeah, I used to build prisons without weight benches at all, as it seemed that they weren't working properly until now. Funny that once the benches start working for me, the jogging breaks :P also, I don't think these yards were the smallest I've built, and jogging has always worked before.

eths2 wrote:Haven't got that event but is it remove benches throughout the entire prison or just the yards? If it is just the yards then you can put some benches in the common rooms and the cells of prisoners if you want.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I removed the event by modifying my save file since the event got stuck on top of all other issues :D I would imagine that all weight benches should be removed as the point of the request is that the prisoners should have less "amenities". But I didn't try having benches elsewhere.

eths2 wrote:Remember if prisoners have a good cell then they are less likely to get upset so maybe try to get some more luxuries in their cells.

Luxuries don't necessarily make them happy. What makes them happy is if they have more luxuries than other prisoners, so I would need to find the prisoners who need exercise and improve their cells :D

Anyways, my problem is solved now, but for I'd still like to hear if anyone has any experience of this or more suggestions how to fix it :) I'll report if things are different in my new prison
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:30 am

Ha I've never seen jogging before :shock:
Usually they just crowd around the entry point (not gated) and move to the showers/toilets... :roll:
blackdwarf
level2
level2

Postby blackdwarf » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Having things in their cells to help meet their needs will help keep your prisoners happy. For example, a weights bench will allow a prisoner to fulfill the exercise need even if the prisoner is locked down. A TV/Radio will do the same for entertainment, a prayer mat for Spirituality, etc.

So it's not only the cell rating that important. Weights benches and Prayer mats don't help with the cell rating but do help to keep prisoners happy.
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Jailer wrote:Ha I've never seen jogging before :shock:
Usually they just crowd around the entry point (not gated) and move to the showers/toilets... :roll:

They used to jog around all of the time, never using weight benches.

I was away for a while but in alpha 35 I found that they wouldn't jog anymore but would finally use the weight benches. At least in my normal security prison; when I made a minimum security prison they were refusing to use the weight benches and were instead jogging. >.>

I will note that the yard they were jogging in was much smaller than the one they never jogged in. Since the shop used to reduce program participation rather than increase it, I wouldn't be surprised if they only jogged in small yards but I haven't tested to be sure.
eths2
level1
level1

Postby eths2 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:45 am

This is a very interesting event that may need testing. Maybe I will give it a try but at least you were able to change to save. :D

Return to “Community Members”