[Suggestion] visitor entrances / designated supply routes

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Pinus Strobus
level1
level1

[Suggestion] visitor entrances / designated supply routes

Postby Pinus Strobus » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Visitor Entrances
-- The ability to choose specific entrances to be used by non-employees entering and exiting your prison. For example, if players were able to decide which entrances were open to visitors, all families and lawyers would seek to use the "Authorized" entrance closest to their destination. This would solve the frequent safety hazard of having families and lawyers streaming through inconvenient entrances in your prison, or having to permanently lock exterior doors to channel visitors further down the road.

-- This could be implemented by a positive control (choose which entrances are to be used by visitors) or negative restriction (choose which entrances are open to employees/prisoner intake only).

Designated Supply Routes
-- Being able to choose supply/logistics routes used by your employees would increase both safety and efficiency in many prisons by forcing daily logistics onto designated pathways. Currently, workers and cooks will frequently & unnecessarily carry supplies and foodstuffs through cell blocks & other areas with high prisoner populations, even if their destination is on the other side of the prison and is easily accessibly by major pathways.

-- My suggestion is to use a modification of the "patrol route" function to connect deliveries, storage, various kitchens, workshops, etc. If the player does so, all workers and cooks will attempt to follow the Supply Route when carrying food/supplies/material through your prison. They will follow the Supply Route until they are in proximity to their destination, whether it is a construction area, kitchen, mail room, storage, etc. If the player chooses not to create the supply routes, the current/existing system of pathfinding will be used.
Castaway
level0

Re: [Suggestion] visitor entrances / designated supply route

Postby Castaway » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Love it, Both these things have been on my personal wish list for a long time.
paule3000
level1
level1

Postby paule3000 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 am

And even more suggestions deserving my support.

Poor devs... So many more great suggetions from the community and the game is already going to hit version 1.0... :) I surely hope there is more stuff to be implemented in the future!
Benmc70
level1
level1

Postby Benmc70 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Well, those suggestions will simplify our role as a warden and help us to make more sure prisons. So, yeah, i sign for this.
Pompier15
level1
level1

Postby Pompier15 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:23 pm

I totally agree with this post/idea.
Gnuthad
level0

Postby Gnuthad » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 am

This is definitely a feature I would love to see. Frequently I see visitors walking half-way across the map to get to an unfenced section of the prison so that they can eventually get to the visitation room. The main gates are so much closer though :-)
terminalinsanity
level0

Postby terminalinsanity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:45 am

Agreed. More control of traffic flow would be nice. I often have prisoners begging to use staff doors instead of going around the longer prisoner route

Workers will often run around the entire perimeter of the building to avoid the automated jail doors.

Visitors will go through the maintainance access route...

Etc.

Return to “Community Members”