CARS! Caught this in an alpha video

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

oliverjpo
level1
level1

CARS! Caught this in an alpha video

Postby oliverjpo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:57 pm

About 20 minutes into alpha 29 vid I Chris went through the sprites list and I saw cars

Would this suggest cars are coming??
YMS
level1
level1

Re: CARS! Caught this in an alpha video

Postby YMS » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 am

They're most likely for the cutscenes of the campaigns, which will most likely be amongst the unannounced features to be announced in September, as also hinted by the Alpha videos, which occasionally show the Main Menu, where according entries exist.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:21 am

Also, it might be sprites that were once created but never used/never removed in case they might be used in future.
I guess time will tell.
Taxen2
level1
level1

Postby Taxen2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Jailer wrote:Also, it might be sprites that were once created but never used/never removed in case they might be used in future.
I guess time will tell.

Yeah just like the garden shed sprites.
YMS
level1
level1

Postby YMS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:02 pm

The cars in the spritebank are not facing downwards as the vehicles used in the game are, which indicates that they were never intended to use the road, which is the only sane path for vehicles in the game.
Plus, they appear in that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdVne6D6nqk which is said to be a cutscene extracted from the actual game code.

Return to “Community Members”