Smuggled contraband jumps through walls into buildings.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Macrophage
level0

Smuggled contraband jumps through walls into buildings.

Postby Macrophage » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm wondering whether this is a glitch or if it's intended to simulate prisoners being creative.

For example, I had an active CI who showed me a fork which was present in a sheet metal delivery. While my CI was active, I watched as a workman carried the delivery toward the workshop, through a narrow pathway between two cell blocks. Suddenly, the screwdriver disappeared from the shipment and appeared immediately on the other side of an adjacent wall, on an inmate in his cell.
Jailer
level2
level2

Re: Smuggled contraband jumps through walls into buildings.

Postby Jailer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Slipped through a crack in the wall - you get that when you use the cheaper building materials.
Solve it by replastering the cell or cell block.
Macrophage
level0

Postby Macrophage » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm

This isn't something I'm making up. It's a legitimate question.

You can also see it when you track contraband on the intelligence screen. For example, some contraband goes through the doorway between my kitchen and canteen and gets scanned by the metal detector, while other contraband simply jumps over the wall after being carried by the cooks from the delivery room.
james122004
level1
level1

Postby james122004 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:45 pm

I get this all the time with kitchens, i actually build double walls on kitchens to avoid this problem, but still if th fridge is next to the wall they are still able to get the contraband through 2x walls, in a staff only area
eths2
level1
level1

Postby eths2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:46 am

Prisoners can take contraband from an object coming into the prison when being carried. Prison Architect does have some minor wall issues so maybe it registered that the prisoner in the cell took it when it passed? If you know there is contraband you can bring a guard over and order the worker to move somewhere so he drops it and you search it before a prisoner grabs it.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 am

I guess there should be a certain distance when contraband is transferred between 2 entities; maybe 2 cells?
In any case it doesn't seem to check if there is an object (like a wall/door) in between,

Return to “Community Members”