gang leaders

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

max prisoner
level1
level1

gang leaders

Postby max prisoner » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:33 pm

how rare are gang leaders. can someone give me an exact chance of getting one. i have 3 prisons with around 100 prisoners and no gang leaders.
Taxen2
level1
level1

Re: gang leaders

Postby Taxen2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 am

Yep, I have been playing all month and waiting for a gang leader but none has come.

From what I've heard you need at least 10 gang members in each gang, and then hopefully get a legendary prisoner which will hopefully become a gang leader (some are not gang leaders even though they are legendary).

I hope they turn up the dials for this stuff, a whole month and sure the gangs have already caused some trouble but none of the stuff in the Alpha video (which looks great) which is disappointing. (And I don't want to mess with the save file).
Phoenix591
level0

Postby Phoenix591 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I got one in maybe 50-75 maxsec prisoners after I had a gang with 10 members. It felt like it wasn't immediate, but it didn't take a huge amount of time either.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 pm

If I remember correctly, you get a close to 1% chance to get a legendary maxsec and legendary maxsec have a 1% chance to be gangleaders (if you have more then 10 members)
Karkadinn
level0

Postby Karkadinn » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Fortunately, you can mod them in pretty easily. Just open your prison save file in a text editor and search for 'Gang.Rank'. Change that field from 'Soldier' to 'Leader' and you have a functioning gang leader, regardless of whether or not he happens to be a legendary. (Obviously, you need a regular gang member first.) I'm not sure if he can still hold 'conversations' with his minions if he's a death row or protected class, though, I've only tested it out with max sec.

I do agree that it would be nice if they cranked up the chance of a natural leader spawn, but until then, this is a quick fix to at least test out and play around with the new feature.
max prisoner
level1
level1

Postby max prisoner » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:39 pm

last comment is right. i watched a youtube vid and it works. so happy for this being able to be edited in the save file.

Return to “Community Members”