Is there such thing as a staff key?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

YMS
level1
level1

Is there such thing as a staff key?

Postby YMS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Despite staff tooltips say "Carrying Staff Key", there is no object like "staff key" listed in the game's material.txt, and it's not described in the wiki, too (both other than the jail key). However, the existence of a staff key would mean the only effective difference between staff doors and jail doors from a prisoner's point of view. To get a staff key, it should be enough to knock any janitor unconscious, while for a jail key, I have to deal with a guard, but then it should take me pretty much everywhere, while the staff key only would take me to some parts of the prison.

If there actually is no way to get a staff key for a prisoner, then staff and jail doors would always mean the same level of security, except the jail doors being tougher to destroy by force.

So can prisoners gain possession of staff keys or not?
Taxen2
level1
level1

Re: Is there such thing as a staff key?

Postby Taxen2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:51 am

No I don't think the staff key actually exists so the prisoners can't do it. Must be just "you are a staff member so you are allowed" and the "carrying staff key" just makes it seem more realistic.

Return to “Community Members”