[Suggestion] Sophisticated Destruction Priorities

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Karkadinn
level0

[Suggestion] Sophisticated Destruction Priorities

Postby Karkadinn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:15 am

While a few threads have touched on the idea of general prison sabotage by the prisoners as a bundle of different features, the most important part of that seems to me, the only part that really needs emphasizing, is just the concept of 'appropriate' item destruction.

Currently, although prisoners can damage items, the items they damage are frequently irrelevant . This makes it improbable for destruction to ever be a big deal unless, by sheer luck, the prisoner manages to cause a fire. Every time I see a prisoner destroying something, I think to myself, 'wouldn't this guy rather take his resentment of the Man out on something more meaningful than a dirty food tray?'

Prisoners should be able to prioritize what they're destroying. Objects of extreme importance that aren't well-protected, such as utilities, could be targeted first before the prisoner moves on to less important ones. Suddenly, one angry prisoner isn't safely ignorable - his temper tantrum just took out your CCTV for that cell block, along with the block's only metal detector. And if he has his fit near a generator, you'd better hope there's a secure door between him and it.

Right now, I take attacks against staff or inmates seriously - because people could die, and that would be bad. But the consequences of destruction are almost always trivial expenses, and I think the game would benefit from it being a legitimate threat to your prison. You don't value each object in your prison equally - and your prisoners should know that, too.
utopiar
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Sophisticated Destruction Priorities

Postby utopiar » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I would LOVE to see a angry group of inmates bash up my generator.. and about cctv.. when a riot breaks loose.. doe cameras still function? I don't know really..
If so, indeed make it a priority smashing it up :)
Tycoonkoz
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Sophisticated Destruction Priorities

Postby Tycoonkoz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:50 pm

I like this. I alway hide away my generators so they never get destroyed. It would be interesting if the key elements were taken out to retaliate against the player.

Return to “Community Members”