Gang recruiting changes

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

razer549
level0

Gang recruiting changes

Postby razer549 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 am

Although the gang system is nice, I think there needs to be a way to combat gangs without going toward a hellhole type of prison. Gangs currently make playing a reform minded prison incredibly hard because eventually all the prisoners will become gang members through recruiting and not go to reform programs. I think that prisoners who are below the parole threshold or have low reoffending rates should be harder to recruit, and that gangs leaders should go for prisoners with higher reoffending rates.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: Gang recruiting changes

Postby Pogmothoin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am

One of the few posts where someone actually acknowledges how much gangs screw with your prison. +1 for You

I also build major reform prisons, only really nasty trait people fail to get parole and complete reforms in my prisons. Gang members don't even try, and with the inclusion of leaders who recruit at random literally the whole prison, there isn't much point in even having a classroom other than to teach guards for their tazer cert, and you can kiss goodbye to having multiple workshops. No need for a Chapel, Shop, Common Room, Psychologist etc etc. Because they are used in reforms, and there's no prisoners who want to attend or work.

Gangs literally turn a functioning dynamic reform prison into a daily war over turf.

It is also worth noting that if you build a maximum security prison with the purpose of playing with gangs that you can't complete a number of the grants.

I love all these people demanding gang leaders instantly. I bet when the mechanic fully added and is complete, that they don't even play with gangs because they can't cope with them and start crying nerf in every other post.
The vault hacker
level1
level1

Postby The vault hacker » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Build a seperate wing for the gang?
Themias
level0

Postby Themias » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 pm

razer549 wrote:I think that prisoners who are below the parole threshold or have low reoffending rates should be harder to recruit, and that gangs leaders should go for prisoners with higher reoffending rates.

I absolutely agree! I had this thought too. Why would someone who has worked hard and about to get parole just decide to join a gang and throw away their future? Whenever they implement aging, maybe after a certain age, they are not recruitable. Gangs mostly go after teenagers and young adults. Hopefully there will be some tweaks like this in the next alpha or two.
herkalurk
level0

Postby herkalurk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:03 pm

The lack of reform programs is what's screwing up my death row section. I've acquired 5 death row inmates, all are in gangs so none go to the appeals process. I'm fearing that I may get more death row inmates than I had space allocated for because none are going below the execution threshold, or actually being granted their appeal.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:43 am

herkalurk wrote:The lack of reform programs is what's screwing up my death row section. I've acquired 5 death row inmates, all are in gangs so none go to the appeals process. I'm fearing that I may get more death row inmates than I had space allocated for because none are going below the execution threshold, or actually being granted their appeal.

I guess this needs to be tweaked - I can understand gang members don't want to work, but they usually DO want to get out of prison (unless they are ALL assumed to be institutionalized - but that's a strange assumption to make). So gang members should participate in parole programs but not per se in other programs.

Return to “Community Members”