[Suggestion] Ability to remove visiting rights

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

dallovich
level0

[Suggestion] Ability to remove visiting rights

Postby dallovich » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Just a small thing, let me toggle if a particular prisoner should be allowed to recieve visitors. I'd like to punish those I catch with contraband that has been smuggled in.

Would also be awsome with some kind of zone where you would require visitors to be patted down/checked by a K9 unit.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Ability to remove visiting rights

Postby Pogmothoin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:37 am

Problem is that although prisoners get contraband from visitors, the visitors themselves never actually carry it, so searching a visitor would not be of any benefit.
Ketamine
level1
level1

Postby Ketamine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09 pm

dallovich wrote:Would also be awsome with some kind of zone where you would require visitors to be patted down/checked by a K9 unit.

Just keep a K9 patrol in the visitation room near the door where the prisoner will exit.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Pogmothoin wrote:Problem is that although prisoners get contraband from visitors, the visitors themselves never actually carry it, so searching a visitor would not be of any benefit.

I remember in the earlier versions of the game. Not sure if it was a bug or what. But my guard assaulted someone visiting that had contraband that set off a metal detector :P it was hilarious.

Hey if you smuggle stuff into my prison. PREPARE TO FACE THE BATON! :D
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:56 am

I honestly think that it should be possible to search visitors rather than the inmate after visitation.
Karkadinn
level0

Postby Karkadinn » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 pm

You can accomplish this sort of by changing the prisoner to a security level that doesn't have access to a visitation room. But implementing it as a punishment makes a lot more thematic sense and would allow for much more sophisticated filtering. (Even if that filtering is mostly for roleplaying purposes.)

You would presumably still need the relevant lawyer upgrade to make it permanent, however - otherwise, like solitary or lockdown, it should expire after a set period of time.
blackdwarf
level2
level2

Postby blackdwarf » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm

This kind of punishment -- removing visitation rights from a prisoner -- is actually counter-productive in the game as it is. The prisoner's need for Family will just be higher and the prisoner will be more apt to cause problems.

I'm not against the idea of being able to punish a prisoner like this. But it would be nice if it would have other effects -- maybe cause suppression to go up for a while, or something.
Taxen2
level1
level1

Postby Taxen2 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 am

Mikeldiablo wrote:I honestly think that it should be possible to search visitors rather than the inmate after visitation.

Like said above, if you look in the dangers tab of intelligence then you will see the contraband in the visitation room. The contraband spawns in on the prisoner when they are in the visitation.

That being said, it couldn't be that hard to implement a system when visitors carry in the contraband they want to give to their mate.

Return to “Community Members”