[Suggestion] Build a prison in a specific nation

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Erling01
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Build a prison in a specific nation

Postby Erling01 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:09 pm

I have an idea about allowing people to decide what nation the prison shall be built. The nations has their own perks. I have written down some examples:

Norway
*Age limit for prison is 15 years old.
*Maximum time spent in prison is 21 years (No life sentences) but can be extended if prisoner does something horrible in prison short time before release.
*Rehabilitation and education is very important and if you dont have that service, you will lose your prison.
*Low quality food is a risk if the government finds out.
*Death sentence is illegal.
*Prisoners earns money by working and can buy their own food in a prison shop. (Makes prisoners more happy and willing to work, but it's easier to get illegal tools)

Russia
*Only men can be imprisoned for life.

Iran
*Some death row prisoners have gotten the death penalty because of people kissing a same-sex gender or being a homosexual.

Morocco
*Some people are imprisoned (Not death penalty) for being a homosexual.

United States
*More prisoners arrives everyday.
*I dont actually know the age limit for prison in The United States :S. I know that ten states has no age limit for life imprisonment

I understand that not all countries in the world can be included in the game, but special prison countries like USA and Norway. USA with most prisoners per person in the world and Norway with a high prison standard and a fairly good rehabilitation system. It would be nice to see your opinion about this idea =).
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Build a prison in a specific nation

Postby Pogmothoin » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:03 am

Is a good idea, would be nice to see variety, it could also involve different grants for each nation, some would be more militaristic and others more reform. It would also be good if the different countries had a different tile set for environment and some of the objects.
utopiar
level1
level1

Postby utopiar » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:48 am

Sounds a bit like mod-territory to me,
But could be fun. Don't know if it wil feel like a different play per country though.
Could be implemented as a scenario
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Saudi Arabia: Women are whipped, sometimes to death, if they are rape victims. Also, more beheadings than ISIS (who SA bankroll along with Qatar).

USA: Long term imprisonment in military torture camps overseas for revealing state crimes.
Erling01
level1
level1

Postby Erling01 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:14 pm

utopiar wrote:Sounds a bit like mod-territory to me,
But could be fun. Don't know if it wil feel like a different play per country though.
Could be implemented as a scenario

Modders should be able to create custom nations based on the core nations in the game. The idea becomes a game feature and then modders can create custom nations.
Last edited by Erling01 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:35 am

Yes it is something modders could do probably, but as someone who doesn't play with mods it would be nice to see some of the popular mods in the game. Similar to what City skylines does, it takes really good mod idea's and incorporates them into the game. Variety is something that should be worked on for the beta/release.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:00 am

Currently the mod system is a bit of a shocking mess, especially when you get to things like scripting. I hope the devs put some real effort in to fixing the bugs (I've found about 50 bugs in the last few weeks alone whilst trying to build my fire safety mod).
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:46 am

Sounds like a mod to me, too.
Gameplay-wise wouldnt be too different.
Erling01
level1
level1

Postby Erling01 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Why is everyone talking about modding? This is an idea for the game, not for modders. Btw, a mod with this feature would most likely not be stable and acurate enough. If gangs were a mod; Modders would not spend 100.000 hours on gang documentaries, but the developers would.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:11 am

Erling01 wrote:Why is everyone talking about modding? This is an idea for the game, not for modders. Btw, a mod with this feature would most likely not be stable and acurate enough. If gangs were a mod; Modders would not spend 100.000 hours on gang documentaries, but the developers would.

People are talking about modding because (a) it is unlikely that IV will incorporate your suggestion into the game, but (b) it seems like your idea is something that should be possible via modding. Rather than miffed that folk aren't discussing your suggestion in the way that you intended, methinks that you should be happy that people are interested enough in the idea to be discussing at all...

xander
hppavilion1
level1
level1

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 am

aubergine18 wrote:Saudi Arabia: Women are whipped, sometimes to death, if they are rape victims. Also, more beheadings than ISIS (who SA bankroll along with Qatar).

USA: Long term imprisonment in military torture camps overseas for revealing state crimes.

Military Prison Architect.

Earlier today I was thinking of "Hell Architect" and how that could be fun.

Return to “Community Members”