Staff doors for staff and prisoner pathfinding

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

5hifty
level4
level4

Re: Staff doors for staff and prisoner pathfinding

Postby 5hifty » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:55 pm

blackdwarf wrote:2: Recognise that your prison block doesn't really work so well given the constraints of the game, and work on improving your prison block.

Just pointing out that the same could have been said about guard deployment before it was added. Doesn't make the point of the whole post any more vaild - just thought it was worth mentioning. Also I would probably change the word 'improving' to 'changing' to remove the connotation that just because a design doesn't work means that it is bad, and thought extension that just because something isn't in the game doesn't mean it should be.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:28 am

5hifty wrote:Just pointing out that the same could have been said about guard deployment before it was added. Doesn't make the point of the whole post any more vaild - just thought it was worth mentioning. Also I would probably change the word 'improving' to 'changing' to remove the connotation that just because a design doesn't work means that it is bad, and thought extension that just because something isn't in the game doesn't mean it should be.

Yes, but the example you cite is something that was added into the game quite early on, and the change that you are suggesting is (1) a reversion to something that was taken out of the game and (2) something that, despite the near constant whinging over the last year or two, has not been put back into the game. In contrast to deployment, it seems that the current behaviour of doors is quite intentional, and unlikely to change.

xander
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 am

Near constants whinging? It's been mentioned maybe twice in over a year, but I'm sure for you that represents a veritable tsunami of suggestions.

Your assumptions are just that - things have been added that have been removed months later, bugs have been added that have lasted for longer then you would expect. It's an alpha - stuff happens.

Also I'm just about fucking sick of your fuckin attitude - I've been putting up this this looking down the nose bullshit for going on 3 years now. How about you pack up your holier then thou, wild hair up your arse mindset and kindly enjoy this large mug of shut the fuck up? No matter the conversation topic you take this self perceived high ground and state shit as though your word it god, when quiet frankly your shit is about as pungent as anyone else's. Anyway I've finally gotten around to blocking your profile, so I'll enjoy a slight chuckle when I see the replies that suggest your addressing me, so say whatever you want.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:25 pm

You specifically called me out. I read the forums, and I had been keeping up with this topic. You'll note that I didn't reply until nearly the bottom of the first page after you more or less demanded that I do so. You invited a response, and now you have your panties in a bind because to accepted that invitation. Stay classy, dude.

xander
rabid squirrel
level1
level1

Postby rabid squirrel » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 am

I don't understand this argument. This is a feature that will only give more creative freedom to players and that is what a sandbox game is all about. There is even an easy way to do it within the existing game logic - by doors being their own 1x1 zone in deployment. That will only incorporate the current airlock workaround in a clean and sensible way.

Anyway, all of this would be as useless as the current zones until they make it so we can mix access (I know all the workarounds and they are that - workarounds). I'll raise this feature request again then.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:29 pm

+1 for rabid squirrel's post
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:04 am

Another thing I think would help the player control movement would be timed deployment zones, so an area you only want prisoners to use for certain periods of the day could be marked staff only at the other times.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:03 am

Following the umpteenth discussion on this - maybe the issue is solved quite easily:

Rename STAFF door to LOCKED door.

(Ceterum censeo pathfinding oportet corrigatur)

Return to “Community Members”