[Suggestion] New Types of ledgendaries

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Mrtrubshaw
level0

[Suggestion] New Types of ledgendaries

Postby Mrtrubshaw » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 am

I was looking through a forum post on steam about adding new types of legendary prisoners and more personality traits to prisoners and to guards. I'd like to draw it to attention here as well. I give the original posters full credit for their ideas which I've put into a neat compiled list below with a link to the steam forum page here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233450/discussions/0/541907867755503797/

Prisoners

Smuggler - More likely to get contraband into the prison through visitation, better at finding contraband in food, books and store goods and higher chance of sneaking it past dogs and metal detectors.

Thief - Higher chance of taking contraband from rooms, can pickpocket staff.

Digger - Faster at digging, incites surrounding cells to join. Affinity for tools

Mimic - This trait will be replaced by another one if this prisoner has constant contact with other prisoners with traits. Cannot ascend to Expert/Extreme levels
Two forms: Temporary Mimic and Permanent Mimic
Means if he is in the company of Volatile prisoners the Mimic will behave like a Volatile.
If he's often meeting a Quick he'll run faster, might become a Fighter, Instigator or Tough

Coward - Avoids fights with anybody, runs away from other prisoners and guards. Always surrenders to armed guards. (Does not equal escape attempt)
Will actively look for the nearest guards when attacked by another prisoner. Cowards are extremely likely to become CIs but gather suspicion much faster and Intel much slower. Will never join a Gang, Immune to Instigators

Skilled Worker - More likely to complete Work related Reform Programs - Kitchen, Workshop and Carpentry. Works faster than other prisoners, affinity for Forestry, Kitchen, and Workshop jobs. May already have a reform qualification in one of those fields.

Fast Learner - Higher concentration during Reform programs. Drawn to Foundation Education or General Education Program. May already come into the prison with those.

Crafty - Exceptionally good at producing Makeshift Weapons and Tools. Will be more likely at building wooden Pickaxes, clubs etc.

Bully - Picks on weaker prisoners. Can only occur when he has a Strong or Tough reputation. Picks targets that do not have one of those traits. This makes the prisoners around the bully Angry (See how the denied Parole for instance works) but can also suppress them. Can only affect one other prisoner.

Charming - When a charmer commits a crime within your prison he gets a shorter punishment time. Weapons found? 4 hours solitary. The charmer only gets between two and four. Perhaps randomized within parameters. Will never occur with Cop Killer, but more likely with Snitches

Two Faced - Will act up a lot when amongst prisoners but playing 'good little boy' when a guard is nearby.

Neat - Likes a clean environment and works for it. Affinity for Janitor, laundry, Library and Mail jobs, slightly faster than other prisoners. (Similar to the Skilled Worker mentioned previously) Creates less dirt than others.

Hedonist/Spoiled (Brat) - Never works unless almost fully satisfied, hates exercise, loves sleep, comfort and food. Will spend his money at the shop (once they fixed it) more often than others to satisfy himself.

Climber - Will attempt to climb over your fences. (Yes, I realise this does sound pretty over the top at first. I'm not going to get further into it, you could have hour long discussions about how to nerf it to reasonable standards like forcing him to have tools, guard visibility, special defenses, how long it takes for him to climb)

Constipated - Damages your toilets by doing his business.

Spiritwolf - Will pee in corners to mark his territory, slightly anger nearby prisoners and cause work for the janitors, even if a toilet is nearby. Frequent punishment after he does it a few times will deter him. Also likes to lift a leg against trees! Will make them grow slightly faster.

Trader - Earns more money when selling and pays less when buying contraband. More likely to trade when he encounters a person with contraband and can get rid of it faster too.

Lockpick - Can get through doors even without a key, even if the door is set to Locked Shut. Takes time and he'll be noticed if a guard is nearby, immediately interrupted when seen. Will only do so when escaping and it does not trigger an alarm unlike a prisoner who just beats the hell out of your doors. Might try his luck from time to time.

Food Hoarder - Can steal food from the canteen. Might actually be beneficial to the player to some degree, though the food would probably be contraband. Normally prisons would only allow food from the store outside the canteen.

"Well, since they have Rioting and Assaulting An Officer, and maybe Vandalism, as possible crimes, they should have a Rebellious trait, which is required for those crimes. add Unauthorized Demonstration. these prisoners would be less likely to comply with Guards, and possibly more likely to Riot, and less likely to be a CI.

I also think they should have a trait for Prisoners that are into Organized crime. for Money Laundry and such crimes. these Prisoners might be more likely to receive Smuggled Contraband."

Guards

Both positive and negative:

Sloppy -> less chance of finding contraband
Scared -> sometimes runs rather than stop prisoners
Strong/weak -> good or bad at hand-to-hand fighting
Intimidating -> prisoners less likely to pull stuff when he's around
Taunty -> like instigator
Eagle eye -> sometimes spots contraband without searching
Sharp shooter -> more chance to hit with a taser

And then some wild possibilities, which may be a bit too much:

Racist -> targets prisoners of a particular race
Bully -> kicks the living sh*t out of prisoners when he gets tired, or just feels like it
Sadist -> Bully, but worse
Corrupt -> "did I lock that door? can't remember."

Also, this would allow for legendary or infamous guards, which could also severely influence the gameplay.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] New Types of ledgendaries

Postby RMJ1984 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:57 pm

These are some absolutely wonderful and great ideas :D
Pursanator
level0

Postby Pursanator » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Great ideas, not so sure about the guard traits seeing how you could just sack the crap guards and replace them with good ones. Still really good though.
hppavilion1
level1
level1

Postby hppavilion1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:41 am

Pursanator wrote:Great ideas, not so sure about the guard traits seeing how you could just sack the crap guards and replace them with good ones. Still really good though.

Perhaps it wouldn't tell us that they have the traits?
Taxen2
level1
level1

Postby Taxen2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 am

I am not one for guard corruption. I've seen a lot of people wishing for guard traits, corruption, but I think the current system is good. All guards being exactly the same is the way to go so everywhere is the same uniform guard and there is less micromanaging of guards (none currently which is good).
Mrtrubshaw
level0

Postby Mrtrubshaw » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:21 am

I've had an idea that maybe you can't just sack guards with bad traits until you get some guards with good traits, but mabe you have to launch an investigation into the bad guards to get them fired officially.
sw_faulty
level0

Postby sw_faulty » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 am

Union strikes when guards and workers get fired? Nothing too drastic, just make them stop unloading trucks and they stop loitering in security rooms and yards and all go to the delivery and staff rooms with placards for a few hours for each guard who got sacked
montolh15
level1
level1

Postby montolh15 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 am

i like these ideas, however i dont think corruption will do well for the game. It will definitely increase the difficulty level ten fold, and make prisons extremely hard to manage (it is quite hard as it is).
Mrtrubshaw
level0

Postby Mrtrubshaw » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Maybe the corruption could be something that you could have an option for at the start like gangs.
eths2
level1
level1

Postby eths2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:00 am

How about guard traits pop up after a period of time so that you have to wait awhile before you know what they are like. Maybe it will decrease the chances of hiring a new one that you would have to pay for a long time before knowing if they are good or bad. Or could be a work payment so if they die or are fired you have to pay a sum to the person or family. Probably should only have good traits or decent ones, or else they shouldn't be trying for the job right?
Mrtrubshaw
level0

Postby Mrtrubshaw » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 am

Maybe you have to use an informant to find out about the guard traits

Return to “Community Members”