Question - How to add gangs?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Kadzi
level0

Question - How to add gangs?

Postby Kadzi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Hey! I have a relatively old prison and I remember there once being a way to change some prison settings from the prison file i.e. making it so room viewing is on or off etc etc

I really wanna add gangs to my prison but I don't know how to do it?! Is there any way I can make my current prison gang-ified?

Thank yoU!
czar mohab
level2
level2

Re: Question - How to add gangs?

Postby czar mohab » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:25 pm

From IV:

This is an optional feature, enabled by ticking the new "Gangs" tickbox in the New Map screen.
(Nb. You can also hack gangs into an existing prison by adding 'EnabledGangs true' to the top of the .prison file)

Its not very specific as to location of the entry, and I don't know how misplacing the entry in the file would affect the outcome. What worked for me was to start a new prison with gangs enabled and save it, then opened that save file and the file I wanted to convert, then copy-pasted the line to the same spot in the old converted prison.

The Czar
Kadzi
level0

Re: Question - How to add gangs?

Postby Kadzi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:40 pm

czar mohab wrote:From IV:

This is an optional feature, enabled by ticking the new "Gangs" tickbox in the New Map screen.
(Nb. You can also hack gangs into an existing prison by adding 'EnabledGangs true' to the top of the .prison file)

Its not very specific as to location of the entry, and I don't know how misplacing the entry in the file would affect the outcome. What worked for me was to start a new prison with gangs enabled and save it, then opened that save file and the file I wanted to convert, then copy-pasted the line to the same spot in the old converted prison.

The Czar

Very excellent - thanks a lot for your help :3

Return to “Community Members”