[Suggestion] Execution Viewing Room functionality

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

dsmith77
level0

[Suggestion] Execution Viewing Room functionality

Postby dsmith77 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53 am

I would like to create a new room to complement the Execution Room, an Execution Viewing Room which will only require chairs.

This will give players more flexibility in designing Execution Rooms. IRL, viewers automatically go to a Viewing Room which is adjacent to the execution room. In my prison, I have the electric chair and viewing area separated by a wall lined with windows. I'm forcing it to work by not installing any doors so the whole space is one big Execution Room but that's a hack. I'd rather it be functional.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Execution Viewing Room functionality

Postby Pogmothoin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:45 am

I'm pretty sure you can install a basic "door" and the room will still be functional, but tbh you really don't need to have a door.

I haven't separated the room purely because there are no perspex or glass windows in the game yet, if there were I'd make a viewing area likewise.

Adding another room just for aesthetic value isn't a good idea. It's a lot of work for very little gain, and it would add more clutter to the rooms tab.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

Pogmothoin wrote:Adding another room just for aesthetic value isn't a good idea. It's a lot of work for very little gain, and it would add more clutter to the rooms tab.

I agree - I would rather have a new room type (loads and loads have been suggested) than an expansion of one that does not add functionality.
Mikeldiablo
level2
level2

Postby Mikeldiablo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

dsmith77 wrote:IRL, viewers automatically go to a Viewing Room which is adjacent to the execution room. In my prison, I have the electric chair and viewing area separated by a wall lined with windows. I'm forcing it to work by not installing any doors so the whole space is one big Execution Room but that's a hack. I'd rather it be functional.

The devs did actually discuss that and wrote the idea off in their A31 video.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:08 pm

i agree - well i spilt the execution room in two parts - one with chairs but i agree they should put new room feature :)
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

I've already made a viewing room as part of the execution room type, It's pretty simple to make, just ensure that the room is connected at some point through a door.

Return to “Community Members”