[Suggestion] Corruption and Grants

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RedTear
level2
level2

[Suggestion] Corruption and Grants

Postby RedTear » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:01 pm

We currently do have grants to start out with.
However, in the long run id assume the state would reward you for having a low reoffending rate/keeping them healthy, some rich prisoners who manage to influence a court to send them to your facility might have a request which they might reward you for (such as "never search my cell during my stay" or "I demand a phone in my cell so i can continue to take care of buisness." )

In the case of those illegal demands, they could just be from a "rich kid with "affluenza"" or from someone who has gang-relations, in which case it could also contribute to/take away from the overall happyness of the gang members depending on wether or not the demand is fullfilled.

Obviously, it might be unwise to reject such requests if they directly come from the gangs.

(should certainly be a choice wether youd want to play with this)
Jailer
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Corruption and Grants

Postby Jailer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:16 am

Keeping track of individual prisoners is hard enough as it is - both because it seems not to be the goal of the devs, and because they move around so much without direct control.
If a prisoner wants to be exempt from searches, then shakedowns are going to be a bother.
If a prisoner wants a phone in the cell, then somehow he should be exempt from the whole 'cell quality' carroussel.

But apart from that - I think the concept has potential.
E.g. if the goal is to keep the rich boy out of fights for the year that he is in, you get a bonus.

As for corruption on a guard level - as much as that is the norm in reality, there seems to be the rule in the game that the guards should be faceless - which I can live with.
Gui9718
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Corruption and Grants

Postby Gui9718 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 am

I liked your suggestion but there should be a penalty if you choose to corruption, such as having to pay a fine if the government find out.

Return to “Community Members”