[Suggestion] Staff upgrade: transport carts

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

warthist
level0

[Suggestion] Staff upgrade: transport carts

Postby warthist » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Staff that carry things would have, after a research done through the Bureaucracy window, carts available (either at a certain place like Deliveries or Storage or spawnable) for carrying boxes and materials faster.
Abomb
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Staff upgrade: transport carts

Postby Abomb » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:57 pm

You want the warden to do physical work?! He is to fat for that sh*t...
most of them do some classes but mostly they are worthless after they do their research.
The warden should be able to talk to prisoners
Foreman coud do the workman jobs or some of them.
Psycho can also talk to prisoners about their needs
Lawyer nad accountent..well i just feed them to the Legendaries after they do their jobs.
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Abomb wrote:You want the warden to do physical work?! He is to fat for that sh*t...

I think he meant workmen getting carts, not admin staff, granted though the warden is a fat ass.

I don't really see the point of carts as workmen often carry stacked materials anyway.
Themias
level0

Postby Themias » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 pm

The administrator staff is still used after you finish researching everything, and I also think that if you sack them then their upgrades you researched are disabled until you hire a new one.

Foreman: teaches two classes
Accountant: needed to see grants and daily expenses
Psychologist: teaches two classes and needed to see prisoner needs
Security: teaches taser class and needed for executions
Warden: needed for executions
Lawyer: keep him around in case you need that last 'Get out of Jail Free' research

I think it would be cool if they had extra uses though. As for the hand-cart, if they are strong enough to carry a whole refrigerator over their head, what do they need carts for? :P
warthist
level0

Postby warthist » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:46 am

Neddleson wrote:
Abomb wrote:You want the warden to do physical work?! He is to fat for that sh*t...

I think he meant workmen getting carts, not admin staff, granted though the warden is a fat ass.

I don't really see the point of carts as workmen often carry stacked materials anyway.

But that's not really a problem, is it? The carts would disappear after delivery, meaning that they solely enhance the speed at which they carry stuff.

Themias wrote:The administrator staff is still used after you finish researching everything, and I also think that if you sack them then their upgrades you researched are disabled until you hire a new one.

Foreman: teaches two classes
Accountant: needed to see grants and daily expenses
Psychologist: teaches two classes and needed to see prisoner needs
Security: teaches taser class and needed for executions
Warden: needed for executions
Lawyer: keep him around in case you need that last 'Get out of Jail Free' research

I think it would be cool if they had extra uses though. As for the hand-cart, if they are strong enough to carry a whole refrigerator over their head, what do they need carts for? :P

As I said, the carts would serve as a speed upgrade for workmen and cooks (which carry boxes with food) when carrying stuff.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Isn't needed at all, it'll just complicate the processes further, and they won't actually be able to move much faster, yeah I've seen delivery men literally running down the road with a few non breakable boxes stacked on a cart/trolly, but they wouldn't dare try that if it was a fridge, not if they wanted to keep their job.

If you find your workmen slow to complete tasks hire more workmen, simple solution, but very effective.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:00 pm

I'd rather have that time invested in better pathfinding (why are my workmen all hanging around the delivery area when there are more jobs than active workmen) than in speed upgrades - also from a realism pov, workmen would not start running with a wheelbarrow / cart..
warthist
level0

Postby warthist » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Addressing the "realism POV" - have you ever tried carrying 30+ kg for distances as long as my workmen do? This is why carts even exist in the real world, they're not being used just for fun.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:34 am

warthist wrote:Addressing the "realism POV" - have you ever tried carrying 30+ kg for distances as long as my workmen do? This is why carts even exist in the real world, they're not being used just for fun.

I understand that - but I thought speed was the driver of having carts - as you say:

warthist wrote:The carts would disappear after delivery, meaning that they solely enhance the speed at which they carry stuff.

But if it is realism you want - then before carts we should give some LEGS to the workers :twisted: - that usually helps increase speed.
warthist
level0

Postby warthist » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:35 pm

First, you came up with the realism factor, not me. Second, if "giving the workers some legs" is a game improvement suggestion, perhaps you could make your own topic just for that.

Return to “Community Members”