asylum just like in prison break

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

killercal2015
level0

asylum just like in prison break

Postby killercal2015 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 pm

i think the devs should a asylum prison section where you unlock it though your psychologist and this allows you to monitor your prisoners metal heath and if he becomes unstable you can send him to your asylum section of your prison were the walls are padded and he gets medication to become better. and if he does not go there he becomes unstable the prisoner should become crazy and attack people for no reason and try to kill him self. I really hope the devs read this please try to get this noticed by the devs its a great idea I haven't even said everything yet just a starting idea.
lugaru
level3
level3

Re: asylum just like in prison break

Postby lugaru » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Check out this old thread of mine, I'm very much pushing for mental health to be a big deal too. And given how much the developers watch documentaries, I'm sure they are interested in Mental Health although might be focusing on all the inevitable things such as gangs, the comisary, execution, etc (which I wont argue with, I love those features).

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=45018
bnarmz
level1
level1

Postby bnarmz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm glad to see other people interested in the same idea. Judging from the inmates rap sheets and their actions...some of these prisoners do not belong with other inmates. They are prime candidates for sedation, straight jackets, and rubber rooms.
Platypus311
level0

Postby Platypus311 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:44 pm

There should be two categories of prisoners with behavioral health issues. There should be high risk, those who would be under more supervision, possibly a padded room or sedation, and normal risk, whom, like high risk would get medication but would not be restrained by a padded room. Straightjackets are rarely used, at least in civilian mental health institutions, so they shouldn't be part of the game (They can be extremely painful, you're essentially in a stress position). Also, they are generally not called asylums after the reform movement in the 50s' and 60s', when mental health became a clear issue, and should really be called "Behavioral Health Block" or something along those lines. Most people with mental health issues are not violent, a lot of those people may just have excessive anxiety or depression. Schizophrenic people are also not known to have a higher rate of violence versus the non schizophrenic populous, so only certain prisoners/patients should have violent tendencies, those who are bipolar (generally not violent, but some can be violent, could be why they are in prison), schizoeffective with bipolar tendencies etc.

Return to “Community Members”