[SUGGESTION] Name in Game/Gangs

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Lackin
level0

[SUGGESTION] Name in Game/Gangs

Postby Lackin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:05 pm

The "1st" part of bringing gangs to PA is in Alpha 34 and when I was watching the update video I was thinking can my character that I added to the game either become a gang member or be a gang member from the start.

Also what if it was possible to create a gang. So you decide what they're called and what tattoo you want to represent your gang.
lugaru
level3
level3

Re: [SUGGESTION] Name in Game/Gangs

Postby lugaru » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:34 pm

For sure Gangs will be a huge space for mods (tattoos) but I do hope they let us assign names to the gangs, since they seemed to be only color coded in the video. "In this prison we have 3 gangs.. the MS13, the Peaky Blinders and the Teletubbies... and you dont mess with the teletubies".
AndyO1
level1
level1

Postby AndyO1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:03 am

lugaru wrote:For sure Gangs will be a huge space for mods (tattoos) but I do hope they let us assign names to the gangs, since they seemed to be only color coded in the video. "In this prison we have 3 gangs.. the MS13, the Peaky Blinders and the Teletubbies... and you dont mess with the teletubies".

Lol... I like it
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:46 am

I heard chris say in the alpha vid that there's more face sprites added, I can't see any new ones on the name in game feature.

It would be a nice addition to the name in game if you could pick your gang along with security grade, and possibly a trait or 2, that you always have.

I can't see us being allowed to create gangs though, be there would be hundreds, and the chances of another member of your gang coming into the prison would seriously diminish.
Kunovega
level1
level1

Postby Kunovega » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:32 am

Pogmothoin wrote:I heard chris say in the alpha vid that there's more face sprites added, I can't see any new ones on the name in game feature.

It would be a nice addition to the name in game if you could pick your gang along with security grade, and possibly a trait or 2, that you always have.

I can't see us being allowed to create gangs though, be there would be hundreds, and the chances of another member of your gang coming into the prison would seriously diminish.

This wouldn't be a problem if it was added as a client side feature. Creating your own gang wouldn't be something you need to share with others the way custom prisoners are shared.

There would only be one custom gang in your game: the one you created. It would just be one more thing you can customize when starting a game.

If they wanted to allow custom prisoners to be gang flagged, it would just be a toggle *is/not member of a gang and if a custom prisoners shows up in your game flagged as a gang member he goes into whatever custom gang has been loaded into the map you are currently playing.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 am

Kunovega wrote:This wouldn't be a problem if it was added as a client side feature. Creating your own gang wouldn't be something you need to share with others the way custom prisoners are shared.

There would only be one custom gang in your game: the one you created. It would just be one more thing you can customize when starting a game.

If they wanted to allow custom prisoners to be gang flagged, it would just be a toggle *is/not member of a gang and if a custom prisoners shows up in your game flagged as a gang member he goes into whatever custom gang has been loaded into the map you are currently playing.

Yeah they could do it that way I guess, you wouldn't get to see some of the cool gangs people create though if it was purely client side, I imagine some creative people will come up with awesome tats, and gang idea's. Unless each new game draws a number of gangs from a pool of submitted created gangs, and your own created gang. eg: start new game with gangs, and game randomly picks 2-4 of the gangs from the list plus your own that will be featured in that prison. Will there be a Name a Gang edition? And how many gangs are there? I only saw 3 in the alpha vid.

Technically it shouldn't be hard to mod the game to alter the gang tats sprites, etc if you wanted to do it client side.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Also going back to what the OP says, maybe it is worth opening up the 'name in the game' guys for edit. That way you can find your own prisoner and set him up the way you want him, but for everyone else a name in the game remains fairly random. Then again I could grab and edit a number of name in the game prisoners so I can have 'gang seeds' like "I'll bring in Bill Johnson since I edited him to always be a gang member and have these traits".

Hopefully that is a good middle ground... it lets people customize without 'starting all over again' (everyone sending their traits to introversion to update the name in the game prisoners) and keeps the status quo in terms of randomness unless somebody decides to customize a few dozen prisoners.
bnarmz
level1
level1

Postby bnarmz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:50 pm

I don't mind if the gang members were random...It'll be interesting having Bruce Wayne as a gang member in my prison.

What I really want is to have the prisoners recruit and disband members according to their activities in jail. Example: A prisoner keeps getting into trouble with the guards, a week later he is recruited into a gang. A member is kicked out of the gang for being a productive inmate (reformed) and possibly turned into a snitch.

Return to “Community Members”