[Suggestion] - Death by Old Age/Move to Death Row Mechanic

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] - Death by Old Age/Move to Death Row Mechan

Postby Pogmothoin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:42 pm

PrisonerJoe wrote:
Pogmothoin wrote:
PrisonerJoe wrote: tools used by prison workers at the cemetery that could be snuck back into the prison would indirectly make tunneling easier.

Yeah, I've seen how far a prisoner can get with just spoons from the canteen, imagine if they had a JCB too! :lol:

On a serious note, prisoners don't actually age at the moment, they come in on a 100 year sentence at aged 18 and they'll still be 18 in when they get paroled or serve the time.

Huh, to be honest i'd never noticed that. Does the age of the prisoner seriously never advance or are you just saying that they don't show signs of aging?

They never age, I have and 18 yo max prisoner at the moment who had already served 13.6 years for armed robbery and burglary (I guess his toy gun looked real). And a 20 yo who's served 16 years for aggravated assault and perjury (I guess he threw the dummy to hard and denied doing it). And another who's served 14.6 years of his 32 year sentence for Kidnapping and Trafficking who is only just 18 yo (yeah I donno how a 3 yo kidnaps someone either, never mind trying to sell them).
Sectus
level0

Postby Sectus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:02 pm

I have a legendary prisoner in my custody that, until now, I was not aware existed. He has apparently committed murder 19 times, 15 of which I was unaware had happened. He was able to kill a K-9 unit and her dog, a construction worker, and another guard in the matter of like, 3 seconds.

I really think that committing murder 19 times while already in prison should warrant the ability to move that person to death row, perhaps by petitioning the state government for the right to do so with an in-game option. Keeping the person in supermax and permanent solitary for two hundred and twenty five years seems silly to me.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:18 am

Sectus wrote:I have a legendary prisoner in my custody that, until now, I was not aware existed. He has apparently committed murder 19 times, 15 of which I was unaware had happened.

There is a bug incorrectly displaying the number of murders that former deathrow inmates commit, by a factor of roughly x4. Already been reported.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 am

Yeah, I haven't really been the biggest believer in the player being able to move people to death row - but recently I've kinda changed my tune. I don't think it should be easy. I don't think it should be cheap. I don't think you should be able to do it for everyone..... But sometimes....

Sometimes you get Sean "The Master" Ciacs.

He came in for a few murder raps. He went to MaxSec. That quickly turned bloody. Within a week he had near 1000 years to serve. He was put on 24/7 solitary with an armed guard outside his cell. He still managed to kill guards, cooks, janitors or anyone else who wondered past. He even made a couple of decent escape attempts (he only got down the corridor, but a corridor of my methodically designed MaxSec wing filled with guards) killing whoever stood in his way. It generally took 4-8 guards to take him down

Thats him after one of his lesser brawls. It was when I clicked on him next and his sentence was over 1000 that I decided that it was time to move him to death row. (Mostly because guard responses are shit. Since only X many guards can respond to an incident, guards would walk past him killing people and do nothing until he had killed enough that they would get tapped to stop him. This is made 1000X worse when the responding guards are stuck on corners so that NOONE is actually stopping him)

So I sent him to death row. He was mostly quiet for the day or so that he was there, but then I noticed I was at capacity for deathrow inmates, so guess who got the chance to sit in ol' sparky?

He didn't go quietly.
Pogmothoin
level2
level2

Postby Pogmothoin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:25 pm

It is rather satisfying to fry someone who constantly tries to go on a murderous rampage of your prison. And yeah I agree a large part of the problem is the way the guards try to deal with the situation, only about 5 can actively engage them at a time, any others just stand there waiting to be killed, while the original 5 tend to hump walls instead. Even if 5 guards do get to combat them, it's rare that they win without any casualties. Most of the psycho's can shrug off tazers and can kill with one punch.

People are getting caught up in real life mechanics, this a game. People like that would not be allowed to interact with anyone, they certainly wouldn't be able to break out of their cell everyday, and would most likely be kept largely sedated. So realism can be suspended because the game isn't currently being realistic in the way these types of prisoners should be dealt with, sometimes it's like having 3x Hannibal Lecters being guarded by Porky Pig. There needs to be a legitimate way to deal with them in the game, at least until the AI is improved, and further mechanics for dealing with the utter psycho's are included in the game. Because as it stands there isn't nothing we can do to combat this type of behaviour, even a room full of armed guards doesn't stop them.
Charles the Bald
level0

Postby Charles the Bald » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm

PrisonerJoe wrote:An alternative to this would be the chance that, if a prisoner commits enough serious crimes in prison, there is a chance where the sentence could be upgraded to death and the prisoner moved to death row. I feel like this should be a very low chance ( ~5-10%) to ensure that a prison can't become an execution factory and just rake in cash. A new room could also be implemented like the parole room and could be called court hearing or something similar (or they could go to the warden's office to hear their sentence, causing a risk that the warden is attacked/killed, making guards needed to guard the staff).

These two suggestions could work together so that prisoners could either be transferred to death row or still have the possibility of dying once they are old enough.

Any thoughts/feedback is appreciated.

I recently had a Legendary who killed 17 guards in a week. His sentence went up to 474 years. Someone like that being sentenced to death for crimes committed in prison seems entirely reasonable.

Alternatively, just as a prisoner can gain the Snitch trait if they're a CI and their cover is blown, a prisoner that kills staff could gain the Cop Killer trait and the guards will sort him out sooner or later.
PrisonerJoe
level1
level1

Postby PrisonerJoe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Agreed. Sometimes I "take care of" prisoners like that with the armed guards but it just feels gamey to me.

Charles the Bald wrote:
I recently had a Legendary who killed 17 guards in a week. His sentence went up to 474 years. Someone like that being sentenced to death for crimes committed in prison seems entirely reasonable.

Alternatively, just as a prisoner can gain the Snitch trait if they're a CI and their cover is blown, a prisoner that kills staff could gain the Cop Killer trait and the guards will sort him out sooner or later.
likaboss
level1
level1

Postby likaboss » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 am

Would love trials to be implemented in the game. The prisoner that committed crime in the prison could be sent off for a few days to elongate his sentence (current automatic elongation is unrealistic) or possibly be moved to death row. It's something that should really be inside a prison game, where all of its inhabitants are people who have been sent there by a judge.
PrisonerJoe
level1
level1

Postby PrisonerJoe » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:57 pm

bump
LambdaCore27
level0

Postby LambdaCore27 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:33 pm

They should only be upgraded if you have "death row" unlocked (for those who don't like it). Otherwise, they are sent off and their name tag reads "OFF TO TRIAL" instead of "RELEASED".
PrisonerJoe
level1
level1

Postby PrisonerJoe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Bumping this, would still like to see it implemented.
grubbyseismic
level0

Postby grubbyseismic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 pm

Just "seconding" what PrisonerJoe said.

Would like to see putting prisoners on trial much like Parole sessions (I have a number of douchebags that need dealing with - but with my Lawyer before Ol' Sparky) in an attempt to move them to Death Row; changing Prisoners' Reputations (i.e. gaining "Bad Heart" and "Cop Killer" tags), and health issues to do with old age all implemented please!
PrisonerJoe
level1
level1

Postby PrisonerJoe » Sun May 22, 2016 10:47 pm

bump
Pompier15
level1
level1

Postby Pompier15 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Now as a fake death row mechanic I use the tower guard. I put the guy I wanna kill in a lonelly cell wathed by a sniper, then I wait he starts rioting and I put the "freefire" option and he is killed. Despite the riot I spare many lives.
ulix
level1
level1

Postby ulix » Fri May 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Won't work if he is tough, will it? Because those prisoners will become unconcious before they die, at which point the sniper will stop shooting.
Anyway, it's a gamey workaround of a broken mechanic.

Return to “Community Members”