[Suggestion] Workshop should produce useful furniture

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Gikgik
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Workshop should produce useful furniture

Postby Gikgik » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Workshop prisoners can make beds. They should also be able to make chairs, benches, desks, and other furniture needed around the prison.

Possibly, there can be more wear and tear for prison furniture, even without deliberate destruction.
czar mohab
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Workshop should produce useful furniture

Postby czar mohab » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Gikgik wrote:Workshop prisoners can make beds. They should also be able to make chairs, benches, desks, and other furniture needed around the prison.

Possibly, there can be more wear and tear for prison furniture, even without deliberate destruction.

In the alpha 18 video i believe that there is mention of using the beds produced in cells in the future, along with mention of perhaps adding items as you describe. With the recent cell quality change in alpha 33, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a thing before too much longer.

The Czar
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 am

As much as I want this as well -

When I build a cell/room I don't want to wait until one of my inmates passes carpentry course and is producing the desired item(s).

Alternative is that you can have a stock room (or make the storage room be used as such) where you can indicate for a small number of items (beds/chairs/benches) how many you want stored before the game starts selling them off. In that way you would be able to more or less control what you can use for construction.

A side requirement is that there should be a gain to using the self-produced items rather than sell them.
If I recall, a fancy bed sells for 1200 but a new bed is 100 - this should be re-balanced.
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:07 pm

I agree! Maybe even for due to parole guys we could have a prison shop outside the fences for people to come in and buy furniture made by prisoners :P, potential risk of intake contraband + escape risk, more economic features.

Return to “Community Members”