Bug. poor ai

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Andreas Monberg
level0

Bug. poor ai

Postby Andreas Monberg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:23 pm

Hello Mark and Chris. When there is a riot, the prisoners kill the guards and taking their keys or baton. Then some of then run to the armory to get weapons. The bug comes when they get in the armory, if they are already carrying something like keys they will not drop it in exchange of a shotgun. That kinder ruins the point of the danger in having an armory, so I think it's a bug you should look at, at some point.
tertaim
level3
level3

Re: Bug. poor ai

Postby tertaim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:11 pm

hello Andreas,

i think this was a design choice, if every prisoner gets a shotgun then no prisoner would get keys to open doors for their comrades. prisoners got 1 equipment slot i believe.
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:25 pm

tertaim wrote:hello Andreas,

i think this was a design choice, if every prisoner gets a shotgun then no prisoner would get keys to open doors for their comrades. prisoners got 1 equipment slot i believe.

He's got a point though, and it isn't just with unlocking the door - it could be with the door beaten open or anything similar, such as a bag of trash propping it open, or any other clear path to the armory. I don't think that it is bug worthy though, as you pointed out it currently is just by design and the topic should be more of a feature request than a bug report.

While not every prisoner would want a shotgun, when the option to upgrade presents itself (e.g. broom handle to baton, drill to shotgun, booze to keys, etc.) they should be able to do so. Not every prisoner, not every time, but once in a while. It would add some flavor to the game.

The Czar
Andreas Monberg
level0

Postby Andreas Monberg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:50 pm

You are right about that not all prisoners want to carry a gun but that kind of people don't go for the armory in the first place, only some of my max's go there.I have a guy named Bob, and he is a mean bastard that have killed a lot of my staff in the first 10 years I had him. When there is a riot he goes a B line for the armory but he never grabs a gun, he just keep the baton that he usually has. And I know Bob wants to kill everyone.
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Man I must be a genius at prison design, I've never seen anyone try to break into armories... :cry:
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:22 pm

MMZ>Torak wrote:Man I must be a genius at prison design, I've never seen anyone try to break into armories... :cry:

i second this, i have had many riots, never once have i seen the prisoners try to access my armory. instead, even if i have 0 guards or few guards and hundreds of prisoners with a HUGE map they will travel the entire map and just beat down the main gates and escape.
Andreas Monberg
level0

Postby Andreas Monberg » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Do you go with max?
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:57 pm

i make prisons that have the full range of prisoner levels from minimum to death row.

Return to “Community Members”