[Suggestion] New character: Master Chef

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Gikgik
level1
level1

[Suggestion] New character: Master Chef

Postby Gikgik » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:14 pm

We already have several middle-management character. A Master Chef would serve many purposes.

* Improve food quality when present in the kitchen
* Lead kitchen safety classes
* Research new objects, such as a dishwasher, a high-performance cooker, or a packing machine for food export
* Allow vegetable farming
* Can change meal quantity and quality (currently requires Prison Policy)
gertsch
level0

Re: [Suggestion] New character: Master Chef

Postby gertsch » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 pm

I like the idea but he shouldnt lead the Kitchen safety class.
I have already a problem with the Safety Instruction in the workshop. With only 1 foreman all types of Prisoners share 1 big Workshop for education.
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:43 am

I think middle management system can really be improved.

In my opinion a "Chef" (as opposed to "cook", who are perceived to be lower in terms of work area) would oversee a single kitchen (or a certain number of cooks), leading classes, but is only able to research up to some capacity. Maybe allow the meal quality and quantity modification, to small extent, when Prison Policy is also researched. (Foreman should be moved into this level)

On the other hand, a new high position of something like Head of Nutrition (or a "Master" chef) would oversee the nutrition policy of the entire prison. Maybe allows you to fine-grain meals based on cell blocks or security level (why overspend on prisoners who don't really need to eat that much or that good anyway), research additional food quality levels, and maybe improve the classroom program improving chance to pass and reduce training time. (A new engineering position should also be created here)
Gikgik
level1
level1

Postby Gikgik » Tue May 10, 2016 3:04 am

The Master Chef could also be called Quartermaster. An office would be required.

Return to “Community Members”