[Suggestions] Doors, Laundry, Yard, Shower

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Legolas
level0

[Suggestions] Doors, Laundry, Yard, Shower

Postby Legolas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 pm

It is worth buying because you really seem to care about the players’ ideas, so I also would like to give some ones:

- The chief should carry guns and he should be controllable.
- I’d like to see GYM in order to reduce prisoners’ tension but it would make them stronger. However guards would have also gym sessions in the schedule.
- I wouldn’t like to build as many laundries as now, I’d like to assign a bigger one to the blocks as it is now with the canteen.
- Yard and shower should be possible to assign to the blocks.
- Yard should be maintained by prisoners.
- There should be a LARGE remote controlled door, large solitary door and a new strong small and large entrance door would be nice.
- There should be bunk beds. Of course it would reduce the comfort of the cell.
Gikgik
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestions] Doors, Laundry, Yard, Shower

Postby Gikgik » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 pm

There are already weight machines, that can be placed in more or less any room. Agree that staff should be able to use machines, though. There should also be more kinds of exercise, such as ball games.

Prisoners should be able to do outdoor maintenance, if assigned to a Garden Shed room.
Legolas
level0

Postby Legolas » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes, I know there are already weight machines in the game but I'd like to see a new room for exercises. Therefore, players could organise programs in the schedule for prisoners and for guards as well. So as I have already mentioned in another topic, a work-time schedule for employees would be nice.

I think it is not realistic that prisoners sleep but eployees don't. It's interesting. :)
In my village a new prison will be built soon, so I am very excited. I just would like to have more realistic things in this fantastic game. :) I wouldn't like to move into the prison in my little village for real things. :D
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:31 am

I definitely agree with more control over which blocks use which facilities such as showers. At the moment this only applies to the canteen, but it should be extended.
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:04 am

NOPE

- I’d like to see GYM in order to reduce prisoners’ tension but it would make them stronger. However guards would have also gym sessions in the schedule.
about the prisoners itself there is currently no system that modifies or boosts a prisoners strength. (only traits)

- I wouldn’t like to build as many laundries as now, I’d like to assign a bigger one to the blocks as it is now with the canteen.
?

the stuff you suggested have a big inpact on the game, there currently is no system that tell prisoners about a wing. your best bet is by making wings different zones with different prisoner types.

arguable

- There should be a LARGE remote controlled door, large solitary door and a new strong small and large entrance door would be nice.
arguable

arguable
Legolas
level0

Postby Legolas » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:29 am

NOPE
? exposition ?

Laundry:
If you build a canteen you can assign it to several "blocks".
I would like to do this with laundries, showers, common room, visitation room, yards and so on. So I want to separate jailbirds in a better way. I 'd like to have more chance to make decisions about logistic.
BFGROB
level0

Postby BFGROB » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:31 pm

For a yard option, perhaps a basketball court (or simply the hoop part). Expanding on that how about a soccer pitch or some type of grass sport?
You could then expand it further with "Plays for the prison *sport* team in their bio.
This could then influence their parole hearing.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:28 am

Disagree on gun (to dangerous and not realistic), agree on control. He should be able to use baton and tazer though.

not sure if a seperate room type GYM is needed as long as exercise items work when used (so they would also work in a cell, yard, common room,...). I agree that prisoners should get stronger if they exercise a lot, which would make them more dangerous if they start to fight.

agree: yard, laundry, visitation, shower, common room, classroom, workshop,... should all be assignable to blocks like the canteen.

agre, but does not need to be limited to the yard.

you can put doors next to eachother to have somewhat the same effect. (not sure what you mean with strong small and large entrance door)

agree (basicly cells shouldn't be restricted to 1 person, so two one person beds or even two bunk beds should be possible too)
Legolas
level0

Postby Legolas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:08 pm

You are right about guns!

And what about the door controller? It makes me crazy when the guards leave their positions and nobody stays at the controllers.
bnarmz
level1
level1

Postby bnarmz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:07 pm

You can assign any room for any security level inmate. If you want to designate a particular room to be shared by certain inmates and not others...make small hallway entrances (about 2x3 blocks) leading into that area and color code those hallways.The room will be "shared" by everyone except those that cannot go into the small hallways. With a bit of creativity with the "Regime"... you can have a very interesting yet highly efficient and productive prison.
Kilyle
level1
level1

Postby Kilyle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Bunk beds are quite appropriate. In fact, they should be the norm, with single beds improving the quality of the cell (seeing as I've always seen bunk beds whenever I've seen prison movies). Possibly the prisoner has a slow accumulation of privacy need, much slower than in the holding cells, if he has a cellmate. Maybe you could make up to 4-person cells as the base, so the improvement is from 4-person cell to 2-person cell to single-person cell, and works with all those other improvements.

The Gym sounds like a decent idea, for later in the development cycle. Right now I think working out in the yard is fine. If a Gym happens, I would like to see a small variety of equipment, and a track. And do prisons ever have swimming pools or is that too risky for prisoners trying to drown each other (or themselves)?

I would like to see workers (of many types, possibly all types) take time off. Reduce the amount of money to 1/3 of the current amount and have them work 8-hour shifts, maybe. Then you have to ensure that you hire enough workers to keep track of everyone, and that you set them into the correct shifts (like, you only need so many working during the night hours, and so forth). (I'd also like to name my workers, but that's just me. Right now it seems kinda weird that the prisoners have names and personalities while the workers don't.)

But really, 8-hour shifts is more for when it's ready for release, not still in Alpha. And I actually question if the realism would help or hurt the gameplay. Right now I see a worker spending a full day just getting more and more tired but not heading off to the Staff Room (even as the game tells me they want to), and I think it'd be nice to be able to set a threshold of when they are required to go rest. Like, if you have hit the Tired condition, go rest (unless there's currently an emergency you need to handle), all the way to "don't rest unless you're about to fall over from exhaustion" (for when the place is dangerously understaffed).
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

Legolas wrote:It is worth buying because you really seem to care about the players’ ideas, so I also would like to give some ones:

uuuhm, no. its not a shoting game.

there are already weight machines in the game. If u like to have a gym, build a common room, with just these machines, so that they are seperated from gym. The guards already can be stronger if your researching body armour. No need for more i think.

How about simply build more then one laundry next to each other.

yes this would i agree

yes this is a nice idea that prisoners could doing the garden work, maybe assigne to a garden room (like cleaning cupport)

large remote: agree
large solitary: no
large entrance: yes
more larger doors: need 3 and 4 field wide doors
also a remote gate would be nice

there i have no oponion, i wouldnt use it.

Return to “Community Members”