infinite mail satchels

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Thunderheavyarm
level0

infinite mail satchels

Postby Thunderheavyarm » Sun May 31, 2015 7:02 am

So I'm not sure if anyone has run into this problem yet, but I built a new mail room in my prison, and recently all of my deliveries have had two mail satchels on the trucks. I can't destroy them and my workmen don't do anything with them.
HiEv
level0

Re: infinite mail satchels

Postby HiEv » Sun May 31, 2015 9:49 am

Consider yourself lucky it's only two per day. I get 6-8 mail satchels with each mail delivery to my ~515 prisoner prison.

Since mail satchels are undumpable the normal way I've been using the Materials -> Clear Indoor Area method to dump the ones on the floor, but remember to re-select the tiles you mark that way as a mail room, because that method clears out the room settings as well.

It's not perfect, but at least the room isn't clogged with mail satchels now.

This is in serious need of an interim bug fix release (along with the new prisoner/room allocation bugs, I had a ~150 prisoner brawl because my Snitch/Instigator/Tough prisoner who was on permanent lockdown in the only protective custody cell block in the prison tried to relocate to another cell on the opposite side of the prison).
Jackinator
level1
level1

Postby Jackinator » Sun May 31, 2015 11:35 am

Another workaround would be to edit the .prison file of your map, search for "MailSatchel" and replace it with "Garbage" before loading the map.
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sun May 31, 2015 3:42 pm

or delete the whole line and not have garbage even :P

also i feel my prison is a bit boned as i get about 20 of these things every day.
MediumMech
level0

Postby MediumMech » Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Yeah, you're definitely not alone with this issue XD My entire delivery zone got filled with those satchels. I could clear them with the clear indoor area tool, but they just come back eventually.
oneoftheabove
level0

Postby oneoftheabove » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:22 pm

This issue has already been reported in the Mantis bug tracker. It will be dealt with soon.
ouyin2000
level1
level1

Postby ouyin2000 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:17 pm

oneoftheabove wrote:This issue has already been reported in the Mantis bug tracker. It will be dealt with soon.

You mean it will be dealt with when the next patch is released on June 25
Thunderheavyarm
level0

Postby Thunderheavyarm » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 am

Thunderheavyarm wrote:So I'm not sure if anyone has run into this problem yet, but I built a new mail room in my prison, and recently all of my deliveries have had two mail satchels on the trucks. I can't destroy them and my workmen don't do anything with them.

Okay, I found out the root of the bug. It seems to happen when you have a full delivery zone and a prison intake about to happen. I figured it out when I was expanding my prison with a large construction project that I ironically was building for so I could have a huge influx of prisoners. I replicated the problem a couple of times and those are the conditions to have eternal spawning satchels.
oneoftheabove
level0

Postby oneoftheabove » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:10 am

Thunderheavyarm wrote:
Thunderheavyarm wrote:So I'm not sure if anyone has run into this problem yet, but I built a new mail room in my prison, and recently all of my deliveries have had two mail satchels on the trucks. I can't destroy them and my workmen don't do anything with them.

Okay, I found out the root of the bug. It seems to happen when you have a full delivery zone and a prison intake about to happen. I figured it out when I was expanding my prison with a large construction project that I ironically was building for so I could have a huge influx of prisoners. I replicated the problem a couple of times and those are the conditions to have eternal spawning satchels.

Those are definitely not the only qualifiers. I can make it happen when I have a reception room and an almost empty deliveries area with a huge influx of prisoners, or a small number of prisoners. At this point I'm pretty sure it just happens. Unless anyone else can confirm that it doesn't happen to them unless they do something specific first.
xProlithium
level1
level1

Postby xProlithium » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 am

I had no idea what you meant by infinite satchels until I took a peak at my mail room and GOOD GOD! First off whose bright idea was it to not set a "dumb" action for them? x_x
MMZ>Torak
level2
level2

Postby MMZ>Torak » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:51 pm

HiEv wrote:
Since mail satchels are undumpable the normal way I've been using the Materials -> Clear Indoor Area method to dump the ones on the floor, but remember to re-select the tiles you mark that way as a mail room, because that method clears out the room settings as well.

It's not perfect, but at least the room isn't clogged with mail satchels now.

This has worked quite well. While it is tedious, it's better than piles of empty mail satchels blocking up the place.

Good Tip!
wildbillhdmax01
level1
level1

Postby wildbillhdmax01 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Yes..... I can't believe how many I have... At 1st I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Maybe i didn't have enough workers? So I made a the mail room bigger. Maybe my deployment? After seeing my whole mail room full of satchels, and my delivery area full of them I had to come on the forum to see if it was a bug, and sure enough! Not the only one!

Return to “Community Members”