[Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

xProlithium
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

[Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby xProlithium » Fri May 29, 2015 6:55 am

In alpha 33 I realized that if some Minimum Security inmates got into a huge fight, they'd get sent to solitary then their category would automatically be changed and elevated to either Normal or Maximum Security. I have a problem with this, as my prison is entirely maximum security. Right now, I have 415 High Risk, 8 Low Risk, 8 Protective Custody, and 3 Super Max. HOWEVER, All 432 prisoners derived from the maximum security category. I have them separated based on their traits. If they're Volatile or Extremely Volatile, they get sent to Minimum Security where they can be contained in their own portion of the prison AWAY from others. Protective Custody is obvious, And SuperMax are for the Legendary prisoners that should be kept on 24/h lockdown. However, this new system as of Alpha 33 auto elevates the prisoner's category based on their activity. Which would be fine if I didn't have a specific prison setup that's been working fine. I'm even adapting it around the Cell Grading addition. But this auto-switch category system isn't alright. I'm the Warden, I should be in charge of which prison goes in which category, not the game itself.
lugaru
level3
level3
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby lugaru » Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am

Cell grading kicked my butt too.

I had a special 'supermax' wing which is well guarded and prisoners are given all sorts of luxuries... it is kind of like a mental home, these prisoners are never leaving so let's keep them happy and not hurting others. Suddenly half where moved into my holding cell and then general population, because they did not deserve those fancy cells with tv's and other luxuries.

Also some of my protective custody wing are not complete saints, so a couple got moved and also ended up murdered fairly quickly.

I feel like the changes motivate you to create more shared resource outside of cells to avoid cell envy, but it really backfired on me by wrecking my zoning.
RedTear
level2
level2
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby RedTear » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

This is not a new system. This is how its been for a loooong time. You can edit under which conditions your prisioners security level changes and ot what in some file though. I think in your savefile there should be parts about your policy, this is a policy its just not accesible through the game. Or it was a few updates back.
xProlithium
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby xProlithium » Fri May 29, 2015 5:55 pm

I'll check it out and when I find it I'll post in here in case anyone else wants to change that as well. Another note, if this is an old system, then it must not have been used because I've not had any issues up till this point in time.
Still, if this info is in the Policy, it should be modifiable in the Policy tab in game.

EDIT:
BEGIN Policy
BEGIN None Punishment None Quantity 0 SearchPrisoner false SearchCell false CategoryChange None END
BEGIN Complaint Punishment None Quantity 0 SearchPrisoner false SearchCell false CategoryChange None END
BEGIN Destruction Punishment Lockdown Quantity 360 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN EscapeAttempt Punishment Solitary Quantity 360 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN InjuredPrisoner Punishment Lockdown Quantity 360 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN InjuredStaff Punishment Solitary Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN SeriousInjury Punishment Solitary Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange Up END
BEGIN Intoxicated Punishment Solitary Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN Murder Punishment Solitary Quantity 240 SearchPrisoner false SearchCell false CategoryChange SetMax END
BEGIN ContrabandWeapons Punishment Solitary Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN ContrabandTools Punishment Solitary Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN ContrabandNarcotics Punishment Lockdown Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
BEGIN ContrabandLuxuries Punishment Lockdown Quantity 150 SearchPrisoner true SearchCell true CategoryChange None END
END


Edit these to None

Also, thank you for the info.
User avatar
Threehorns
level3
level3
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:40 am

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby Threehorns » Fri May 29, 2015 7:58 pm

cheers for that list
.This should go right into the game, in policy tab.

plus++, allowing us to select prisoner cellblock assignment based on attributes would be great.
xProlithium
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby xProlithium » Sat May 30, 2015 2:24 am

No problem :) I've poked at the game enough I'm surprised I never noticed that x_x

lugaru wrote:Cell grading kicked my butt too.

I had a special 'supermax' wing which is well guarded and prisoners are given all sorts of luxuries... it is kind of like a mental home, these prisoners are never leaving so let's keep them happy and not hurting others. Suddenly half where moved into my holding cell and then general population, because they did not deserve those fancy cells with tv's and other luxuries.

Also some of my protective custody wing are not complete saints, so a couple got moved and also ended up murdered fairly quickly.

I feel like the changes motivate you to create more shared resource outside of cells to avoid cell envy, but it really backfired on me by wrecking my zoning.

I fixed that by simply labelling "General Population" as Maximum Security Only. So Minimum Security, Super Max, and Protective aren't even allowed in that area.
xProlithium
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby xProlithium » Sat May 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Not trying to double post but I see what you meant by that. There's currently a Max Sec inmate in my Protective Custody area which is a big no no. So until this issue gets resolved and the cell grading system abides by the deployment system he's in Permanent Lockdown. That's on your Introversion, his lack of freedom is all on you until you fix it! :)
RedTear
level2
level2
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby RedTear » Sat May 30, 2015 9:01 pm

xProlithium wrote:So until this issue gets resolved and the cell grading system abides by the deployment system

It does? If its PC only he'll not be brought to that cell.
xProlithium
level1
level1
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby xProlithium » Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 pm

RedTear wrote:
xProlithium wrote:So until this issue gets resolved and the cell grading system abides by the deployment system

It does? If its PC only he'll not be brought to that cell.


You sure? There's currently a minimum security, and maximum security housed in my protective custody area.

http://puu.sh/i6iB0/1fd6e6ac1c.jpg
http://puu.sh/i6iC5/d6bc2f5c48.jpg

http://puu.sh/i6iF4/08c3c517a0.jpg
http://puu.sh/i6iFD/5a76bc84ee.jpg
RedTear
level2
level2
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: [Suggestion] On/Off Switch For Auto Category

Postby RedTear » Sun May 31, 2015 6:00 pm

xProlithium wrote:
RedTear wrote:
xProlithium wrote:So until this issue gets resolved and the cell grading system abides by the deployment system

It does? If its PC only he'll not be brought to that cell.


You sure? There's currently a minimum security, and maximum security housed in my protective custody area.

http://puu.sh/i6iB0/1fd6e6ac1c.jpg
http://puu.sh/i6iC5/d6bc2f5c48.jpg

http://puu.sh/i6iF4/08c3c517a0.jpg
http://puu.sh/i6iFD/5a76bc84ee.jpg

Huh, thats strange. It certainly doesnt overwrite zoning for me. If no cell of their grade is available, theill just not have a cell at all and sleep in a solitary cell (of their security-wing) instead.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests