[SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RedTear
level2
level2

Re: [SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

Postby RedTear » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:59 pm

I second a second (or more) roads. On a large prison, that one road cant deliver enough food for all your prisoners while simutaniously export, deliver mail, books, sapplings,....,...,...,

Now, this would open up the neccessity to either detect or tell delivery zones, garbage and exports which road to use.
The vault hacker
level1
level1

Re: Second road or road control

Postby The vault hacker » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:02 pm

[quote="5hifty"][quote="metalbunny"]Tanks are long-range siege vehicles or anti-tank cannons, depending on model.[/quote]

Not really - we use MBT's now - they are pretty much allrounders - tho given they are exceptional at range - but I could defs see other armoured vehicles being used - APC's with water cannons springs to mind[/quote]

Alright, I see you're trying to come up with some decent arguments but just think, THINK about how in the hell this could be implemented?
NonaSuomi
level0

Re: [SUGGESTION]Second road or road control

Postby NonaSuomi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:13 am

I'll add my voice here as well- I'd like to see the ability to add more roads and designate their purpose- emergency, prisoner intake, import, and export.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:49 am

The vault hacker wrote:
5hifty wrote:
metalbunny wrote:Tanks are long-range siege vehicles or anti-tank cannons, depending on model.

Not really - we use MBT's now - they are pretty much allrounders - tho given they are exceptional at range - but I could defs see other armoured vehicles being used - APC's with water cannons springs to mind

Alright, I see you're trying to come up with some decent arguments but just think, THINK about how in the hell this could be implemented?

I'm assuming you meant to APC's with water cannons? Seems like it would reasonably simple. Make an entity to be the APC. Give the entity the fire hose. Make the fire hose knock back/incap prisoners. Granted you would have to build with getting into the prison in mind, but we have road gates for that.

Haven't you ever seen The Last Castle?
Kunovega
level1
level1

Postby Kunovega » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:30 am

FatFreddy01 wrote:
metalbunny wrote:In most the world, the military is not allowed to act as law enforcement, simply because it's not their job.

EDIT: Well, not "simply", but it's their job to defend a country, not to start a civil war.

The National Guard gets called out in really bad Prison Riots, at the State Governor's discretion.

That can happen in the game as well: but its a lose condition. If they call in the national guard and need to use tanks against your prison: this is a game over condition. you lose the game.

So no, they dont need to be added to the game in any functional way
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:08 am

Kunovega wrote:
FatFreddy01 wrote:
metalbunny wrote:In most the world, the military is not allowed to act as law enforcement, simply because it's not their job.

EDIT: Well, not "simply", but it's their job to defend a country, not to start a civil war.

The National Guard gets called out in really bad Prison Riots, at the State Governor's discretion.

That can happen in the game as well: but its a lose condition. If they call in the national guard and need to use tanks against your prison: this is a game over condition. you lose the game.

So no, they dont need to be added to the game in any functional way

Don't see why not - I'm pretty sure I could run down a list of prisons that have their own hardware. Just because that National Guard bring one, doesnt mean I cant have my own. Hell I'd be less likely to need that National Guard with real tanks if I could use a APC with a high pressure water gun against my prisoners.

No? Well I guess I will continue to gun them down en-mass with shotguns when ever they riot.

Return to “Community Members”