[SUGGESTION] The Other Side of Arbitrary: Shorten Solitary

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

GERSillySausage
level0

[SUGGESTION] The Other Side of Arbitrary: Shorten Solitary

Postby GERSillySausage » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:38 pm

This has been open for a very long time. What I am proposing is this: The option to instantly acquit a prisoner of Lockdown/Solitary punishment, releasing them instantly without the need for them to become a snitch. It always bothered me that this wasn't already in the game, because that would bring the warden (you) one step closer to the arbitrary, Big Brother-like function who already uses Armed Guards, CCTV and Wire Taps to keep his prisoners in check. Who can give shooting orders at will and lock down the whole prison for limitless times.

I am just saying, you already have so many evil options at your disposal, why not give you a couple of good ones. The Lockup of Prisoners should not be entirely determined by Confidential Informant status or the game just saying "nope.avi".

Tell me what you think, and bump this post so it catches the Devs eyes!

BTW: Amazing game. Love it, absolutely love it.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Re: [SUGGESTION] The Other Side of Arbitrary: Shorten Solita

Postby Robbedem » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Why would releasing prisoners early from lockdown/solitary be a good thing?
You could be letting out a prisoner early to let others think he became a snitch. That way you can get him murdered without penalty!
Stereolab
level1
level1

Postby Stereolab » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 am

On a related note, I want to see a way to set a "general amnesty" after, say, a riot, to cancel all pending punishments. Usually after a riot there will be like 100+ prisoners on lockdown and scheduled for solitary. This serves little purpose except to inflame needs even more, resulting in a prison death spiral.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Stereolab wrote:On a related note, I want to see a way to set a "general amnesty" after, say, a riot, to cancel all pending punishments. Usually after a riot there will be like 100+ prisoners on lockdown and scheduled for solitary. This serves little purpose except to inflame needs even more, resulting in a prison death spiral.

THIS! After a large riot I usually had to zone 20+ solitary cells to avoid prisoners starving in their cuffs. "Had to" because I just stopped using solitary completely after a particularly bad episode.

Return to “Community Members”