[suggestion] Prisoners pee before leaving cell

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Threehorns
level3
level3

[suggestion] Prisoners pee before leaving cell

Postby Threehorns » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:18 am

Hi,

Having prisoners take a toilet break before leaving their cell would be blizz.

also: 100% bladder before taking a toilet break? can you make that 60%? with 40% of OMG OMG OMG OMG ...... neeed toilet!!!!!!!!!!
Ptylersworld
level0

Re: [suggestion] Prisoners pee before leaving cell

Postby Ptylersworld » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:22 pm

This.

It's annoying. In the morning, immediately after everyone wakes up, I hear a bunch of aaah's, and I look in my cell block, and there are pee stains on the floor when the toilet in their cell is RIGHT NEXT to them. I set shower time as the first thing in the schedule, and even build toilet stalls in the shower area to help reduce bladder/bowel needs, and to top it off, I set lockup time directly AFTER shower time to weed out the few prisoners that DIDN'T use the toilet in the shower area. And I still have poo/pee stains all over the prison, and in their cells. -_- If I just set it to freetime or lockup first thing, they sleep through it and that just makes it worse. It would be nice to set a delay in between wake up call and going to the shower room to force them to use the toilet BEFORE going to the shower.
griesch
level1
level1

Postby griesch » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 am

Yeah I have a couple of issues here as well. First why are the pee stains green? Are they all infected? That's really more cosmetic but more seriously, I've resorted to placing shower heads and toilets in the canteen!! A bathroom break that is needed is pretty obvious to any human. Unless they are mentally ill, they would seek out a bathroom. There should maybe be a public restroom or at least give the inmate the freedom to if they have to go real bad to seek out a toilet and use it. I shouldn't have to put toilets in the canteen to reduce the green mess all over from inmates soiling themselves so as to reduce their hygiene need and also their anger form this particular need. Its not a regime issue because I've given free time for them to do this first, they continue to sleep, i have them shower first and they have accidents after they've washed... there is no good answer here and if there is, that means there is only one possible regime style that will work; of which I haven't found.
Robbedem
level2
level2

Postby Robbedem » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 am

AFAIK the only thing that works is lockup or freetime at 8am... (when prisoners get up naturally)
Forsaken
level1
level1

Postby Forsaken » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Ptylersworld wrote:This.

It's annoying. In the morning, immediately after everyone wakes up, I hear a bunch of aaah's, and I look in my cell block, and there are pee stains on the floor when the toilet in their cell is RIGHT NEXT to them. I set shower time as the first thing in the schedule, and even build toilet stalls in the shower area to help reduce bladder/bowel needs, and to top it off, I set lockup time directly AFTER shower time to weed out the few prisoners that DIDN'T use the toilet in the shower area. And I still have poo/pee stains all over the prison, and in their cells. -_- If I just set it to freetime or lockup first thing, they sleep through it and that just makes it worse. It would be nice to set a delay in between wake up call and going to the shower room to force them to use the toilet BEFORE going to the shower.

Prisoners will always wake up at 8 AM by themselves. If you keep them in their cells till 9 (I personally use 10), they'll tend to any needs their cell can satisfy. Which, given the right equipment, is anything but literacy, food or spirituality. The side benefit is that with a lot of their needs satisfied before the doors open they're a lot less likely to go berserk.
Jackinator
level1
level1

Postby Jackinator » Sun May 24, 2015 3:41 pm

I find it helpful to give them only 5 hours of sleep (with 2-3 hours of freetime/lockup before). With this, the toilet needs only max out after shower time, where i have lockup for them.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sun May 24, 2015 4:17 pm

its not just the sleep.

once a prisoner is zone-locked, he'll bounce around inside the zone in search of a toilet until he just let it run. (ofc, if he needs to take a toilet break)

common zone-locks:
- shower (30 minutes)
- classroom
- canteen (upto 30-15 minutes prior to end)
etc

prisoners with smart toilet breaks would be great,
this way you could just place general gents room at strategic points in a hallway.
instead of a toilet in every room and a shower in every other room due to toilet fails.

So far, the only room that seems to not require a toilet is the Parole room.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Sun May 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Threehorns wrote:So far, the only room that seems to not require a toilet is the Parole room.

That made me laugh more than I think it should have. :D

But yes, I wish prisoners were better at taking care of their business.
RedTear
level2
level2

Postby RedTear » Tue May 26, 2015 12:30 am

Forsaken wrote:Prisoners will always wake up at 8 AM by themselves. If you keep them in their cells till 9 (I personally use 10), they'll tend to any needs their cell can satisfy. Which, given the right equipment, is anything but literacy, food or spirituality. The side benefit is that with a lot of their needs satisfied before the doors open they're a lot less likely to go berserk.

Actualy, they can take care of spirituality in their cells. Thats how i set up my death row cells / supermax solitary (for permanent solitary canidates) cells. You just need the appropriate object. I use a prayer mat, pews should work as well but it would have to be quite a big cell...

Anyhow, my general population gets 2x2 cells, with bed, toilet and shower. I think i only ever built a shower room in my first and possibly second prison, now i only tell the game a cell would be a shower for the grant where i need one ;)
As soon as they get up at 8AM they remain locked up till 9AM, take a shower, go to the toilet and maybe change clothes.
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Wed May 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Ptylersworld wrote:This.

It's annoying. In the morning, immediately after everyone wakes up, I hear a bunch of aaah's, and I look in my cell block, and there are pee stains on the floor when the toilet in their cell is RIGHT NEXT to them.

Seconded.
I think if you have to resort to tricks (ie. set freetime in cell between 8-9am) to make them go to the toilet in their cells, then obviously there is some flaw. The requirement to have a toilet in the cell then seems artificial to me.

Either remove toilet requirement from cell (not my preference) or make prisoners behave like they have a toilet in the cell - ie. in the night they wake up and pee in their cell-toilet if they need to go...and/or go before sleep/when waking up/just before leaving cell in the morning.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Wed May 27, 2015 6:09 pm

hopefully it gets updated, to avoid situations like this:

left: BEFORE toilets .............. right: AFTER toilets

(see also thread: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52680)
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sat May 30, 2015 9:37 am

Well I had taken to putting toilets in classrooms and workshops too, but then any random prisoner who wanted a toilet started going in and using them, and requiring a guard to come and open the door. It was quite disruptive,
Threehorns
level3
level3

Postby Threehorns » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm

I've seen that happen as well, though class and workshop doors are standard doors (unlocked)

Definitely needs some PA-pee control of some kind ....

ImageImageImageImage
_Thrawn
level0

Postby _Thrawn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:31 am

I agree. Can we make this a priority please?
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 pm

And contrarily, the inmates actually meant to be working in there wouldn't stop work to use them anyway, just kept getting their jagged toilet bubbles over their heads.

Return to “Community Members”