Riots after shower time

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Threehorns
level3
level3

Re: Riots after shower time

Postby Threehorns » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 pm

If you rush prisoners off to shower and than straight off to eat, then they tend to have skipped the toilet, dirtying themselfs, making the whole shower issue ... pointless.
If you give prisoners lockup time before shower, than they keep on sleeping till shower time, with the same issue as above.

so sleep >>> shower >>> free-time .... causes your prisoners to be awake and they'll be tending towards their most coveted needs.

ofc, optional is:
sleep > shower > free-time > eat > free-time ... or
sleep > shower > eat + toilet at canteen > free-time
sleep > shower > lockup > eat > free-time

With canteen toilet rooms:
Just make sure the toilet & entrance is big so prisoners don't block each other going in or out.
Toilet designs like real life doesn't work in PA. At least not with a line of 240 prisoners all wanting to go at the same time.
flimFlambr
level1
level1

Postby flimFlambr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:52 pm

I have a small prision, so this may not work for larger facilities, but I cut out shower time after noticing the prisioners would, in effect, be locked in the shower room for one hour doing nothing but getting frustrated. So, I got an timetable like so:
Sleep - yard - free time - free time - work - work - eat - eat - free time - 4x work - free time - eat - eat - lockup

Doing so, I find the shower areas being used during all three free time periods, decreasing the clutter and chance of riots.

It's not a perfect solution - it creates a very angry yard time, but so far i had no problems to report

Only Max and protected folks have in-cell showers, and dedicated shower timeslot

On the subject: I have TV, phones and toilets on my canteen and found that the priioners now prefer to stay there than to use the bloody large and expensive common room. Oh, well
kommo1
level0

Postby kommo1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:53 pm

I use this regime in all my prisons.
With toilets in the showers Bladder, Poo and Hygiene gets dealt with immediately. After that most prisoners go back to their cells and change clothes, while the small rest do what they want.
Using FreeTime instead of LockUp is basic to avoid any sort of unhappiness. Its also vital to have 2 hour eating times, especially in big prisons, where its simply not guaranteed, that everyone gets their food in time.
PeterF
level1
level1

Postby PeterF » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:46 pm

I think some of you are being caught unaware by the time warp factor placed on prisons that are started as Large. In these save files the hours are twice as long but the simulation runs at the same rate so needs shoot up seemingly too fast. For me dinner at 8, free time at 9, sleep from 10pm (hardcoded "go to sleep" time) to 2am followed by a shower, 1 hour of free time and then breakfast keeps max sec calm enough to prevent frequent shower fights.
Stereolab
level1
level1

Postby Stereolab » Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 am

PeterF wrote:I think some of you are being caught unaware by the time warp factor placed on prisons that are started as Large. In these save files the hours are twice as long but the simulation runs at the same rate so needs shoot up seemingly too fast. For me dinner at 8, free time at 9, sleep from 10pm (hardcoded "go to sleep" time) to 2am followed by a shower, 1 hour of free time and then breakfast keeps max sec calm enough to prevent frequent shower fights.

Yup. After MUCH trial-and-error I've determined the only way to prevent shower riots in a larger max-sec prison is with showers in the middle of the night. Shower in the morning means riots since the damn idiots will shank each other because of their high hygiene need, instead of actually showering. Shower before bed doesn't work for some reason, even if hygiene is yellow, they simply won't shower. Shower at 4 AM and back to bed works perfectly.

Return to “Community Members”