Are logic gates broken

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

steviebuk
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Are logic gates broken

Postby steviebuk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:42 pm

As I asked a question related to how these work in the general forum I've now got to the bottom of the thread and the thought I'm now thinking is logic gates are broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssr_Yx5gORg

So if switch A is on AND switch B is on, the doors should be open. If one of the switches is off then the logic circuit is technically broken so should close the doors but the switches appear to be doing nothing.
Sumurai8
level2
level2
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:08 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby Sumurai8 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:54 am

A power switch is an item that lets power from an adjencted power cable through to other adjencted power cables if it is on, and not through if it is off.

As you can see the signal from the power switch does not turn off at any time, unless you unpower the power switch.

Instead have a setup with powerswitch - powercable - door control, set the door control to always on and connect the door control to your and gate. If you now flip the power switch, the door control is unpowered and the signal goes off.
steviebuk
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby steviebuk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 pm

I've been basing it on this

https://imgur.com/a/VDkw2
iNick
level1
level1
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby iNick » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:41 am

Logic gates will only respond to certain actions. Power switches seem to be a negative; pressure plates seem to be a positive reaction.

Not all devices seem to work with the logic gates.
steviebuk
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby steviebuk » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm then confused how the person got it working in their screenshot.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby xander » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Perhaps with MSPaint?

xander
Sumurai8
level2
level2
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:08 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby Sumurai8 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 pm

This game is not finished. The screenshot is from 8 months ago. That is many builds ago.
steviebuk
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby steviebuk » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:17 am

xander wrote:Perhaps with MSPaint?

xander


Funny :P

Sumurai8 wrote:This game is not finished. The screenshot is from 8 months ago. That is many builds ago.


Yes I was thinking it might be because back in the build they used it was working and might just be broken now.
iNick
level1
level1
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby iNick » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:52 am

I'm having logic impossibilities right now too. I want a door control system to open the road gates with a servo but only if also the door timer is in "open" mode. The Door Control System will not connect to a logic gate. the connect tool expects a servo, and will only finish with that.

Curious what will come of the logic system.
Merum
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby Merum » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Like I said in the other thread, you need power at those servos. Run electrical cable under them and it'll work.

Troubleshooting step #1: Is it plugged in? :)
iNick
level1
level1
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby iNick » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 am

Merum wrote:Like I said in the other thread, you need power at those servos. Run electrical cable under them and it'll work.

Troubleshooting step #1: Is it plugged in? :)


Just in case you were directing that to me... the door control system connection tool will not accept a logic gate as it's target. I cannot plug it in, as you have suggested.

In the event this was not directed at me, I apologize for the interruption. You were not clear on who you were directing your message to.
Merum
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby Merum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:05 pm

iNick wrote:
Merum wrote:Like I said in the other thread, you need power at those servos. Run electrical cable under them and it'll work.

Troubleshooting step #1: Is it plugged in? :)


Just in case you were directing that to me... the door control system connection tool will not accept a logic gate as it's target. I cannot plug it in, as you have suggested.

In the event this was not directed at me, I apologize for the interruption. You were not clear on who you were directing your message to.


My door controls never seem to work unless I run power cables under or very near the door servos themselves, even if the room is energized. This may not help here, but it should be ruled out. I should have communicated that more clearly.

This screenshot may help illustrate my point.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427858669
Last edited by Merum on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xlr8films
level2
level2
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby xlr8films » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I've driven myself mad on this sort of thing. My thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52424

What I determined is that the Logic Circuit is standalone. You have to right click on it to get it to change state, but you cant add anything before it. So there is no way currently to perma-lock a door outside of doing it yourself with the Circuit, or manually locking the doors yourself. No automatic solution that I could find. The converse applies as well, opening doors or making them stay open. I spent 3 days on it roughly and gave up.

Edit: Oh yeah, and throwing a switch into the middle of it just makes things worse. I tried that also.
Merum
level1
level1
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby Merum » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:40 pm

xlr8films wrote:I've driven myself mad on this sort of thing. My thread here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=52424

What I determined is that the Logic Circuit is standalone. You have to right click on it to get it to change state, but you cant add anything before it. So there is no way currently to perma-lock a door outside of doing it yourself with the Circuit, or manually locking the doors yourself. No automatic solution that I could find. The converse applies as well, opening doors or making them stay open. I spent 3 days on it roughly and gave up.

Edit: Oh yeah, and throwing a switch into the middle of it just makes things worse. I tried that also.


xlr8films, if you use remote doors, they can't be opened locally. They have to be operated by the switch. Try that and see if it helps.
xlr8films
level2
level2
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 am

Re: Are logic gates broken

Postby xlr8films » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 am

Merum wrote:xlr8films, if you use remote doors, they can't be opened locally. They have to be operated by the switch. Try that and see if it helps.


Ok, when you say switch... you mean the actual power switch right? Not a guard remote controlling the doors? Cuz that still requires me to pay attention to the time and hit the switch when necessary as opposed to having it be "automatic" and within a queue of its own... yes?

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests