Visitors paths are wrong

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

ryder1977
level0

Visitors paths are wrong

Postby ryder1977 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:54 am

Visitors use paths through areas marked for "staff only". I personally don't like this behavior. How is that possible, that visitors walk though areas they are not allowed to and guards open jail doors for them without any questions? :)

Please fix that and allow visitors, teachers, religous people and so on only for shared areas.
Murph
level1
level1

Re: Visitors paths are wrong

Postby Murph » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:24 pm

I think this is actually a little more subtle in the necessary detail. It's desirable to have the roadway, inside the road gates and fence, set to "staff only", and possibly some other areas between "outside" and the various places where external people need to get to. Setting those to "shared" implictly allows access to those areas for prisoners, which is not desirable.

Personally, I don't see any big deal having external people taking whatever route they fancy through my staff areas. If there's improvement needed, it should be a new area type which prohbits prisoners in the same way that "staff only" prohibits them, not quite sure what to call it, maybe "external access" or "public access".

Beyond not liking external people using your staff areas, does it actually cause you any real problems?
ryder1977
level0

Postby ryder1977 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Yes it does. Because the guards have to open them the doors each time they want to pass.
zbyrne
level2
level2

Postby zbyrne » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 am

agreed. i do want to be able to tell me visitors what way they are permitted to enter the prison
Murph
level1
level1

Postby Murph » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Ok, so we need something other than "shared", as it can be bad to allow prisoner access to the external areas.
Jackinator
level1
level1

Postby Jackinator » Sun May 24, 2015 4:10 pm

or install door controls and automate the staff doors and jail doors at the entrance
tertaim
level3
level3

Postby tertaim » Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

the best solution would be a new zone called visitor, where only visitors are permitted and the zone treats prisoners like staff only. Guards and cooks wont be able to use this route.
Wiirlak
level0

Postby Wiirlak » Sun May 31, 2015 4:09 pm

I dont think we need another room or a "visitor only" zone, what we need is to be able to give them a path (just like the patrols).

Give them the way you want to the visitation, and to the execution room too.
If it is a teacher or the priest, they would need a path to their rooms.

Return to “Community Members”