[Bug?] Food not being delivered

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Amitiel
level1
level1

[Bug?] Food not being delivered

Postby Amitiel » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 am

I recently started a new prison after the last alpha update. I started off with a fairly large min sec section for ~100, which worked fine and dandy. Then I came to building a med sec area with all of its own facilities including a kitchen and canteen. A day or so after I'd started building it, my min sec prisoners started kicking off, which, well, was obviously surprising for them. I found that for some reason they were all starving as no meals were being produced for the min sec canteen. Tracing that back, there was no food in the kitchen and, having watched it for another day or so now, there's been no ingredients being delivered there either. In contrast, the new med sec kitchen was fully stocked. The only micromanagement change I've made throughout this time was to set a small holding cell to eat at the original kitchen rather than the new one. As such, I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if this is a bug, but I'm ending up with an awful lot of starving prisoners on my hands right now and I really can't see a reason why food isn't being delivered (road is clear, etc.).
memory020
level1
level1

Re: [Bug?] Food not being delivered

Postby memory020 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:39 am

I had that too. Really, the way i fixed it is that I opened up my prison for other security types, or in this case medium security, successfully allowing more food to be delivered, meaning more is cooked, which means no starving prisoners..

If you aren't ready for med security, remove the fridges and unzone the kitchen. It will fix the issue.
Amitiel
level1
level1

Re: [Bug?] Food not being delivered

Postby Amitiel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

It (kind of) slowly got back to an even keel, even if I had more than my fair share of trouble in the meantime. There is definitely something seriously up with kitchens though. I've had a max sec wing operating for 30-40 days now and I'm feeding them three times a day (1hr first thing in the morning, 2hrs around lunch, 2hrs in the evening), but I'm consistently finding at least a handful going hungry to the point I almost had a couple drop dead from starvation.

To put that into a more visual perspective, starving prisoner with clear view of kitchen/canteen:

Logistics view, showing that it's correctly hooked up to all of the max sec wing:

Return to “Community Members”