[SUGGESTION] Death Row - Bang-up issues + Last Meal

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

DRaGZ141
level0

[SUGGESTION] Death Row - Bang-up issues + Last Meal

Postby DRaGZ141 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:54 am

So, I have a fairly large prison, 830 maxsec prisoners, and they are all sustained with perennially low danger level because I treat them extremely well with tons of free time, apartments instead of cells, good food, etc. In fact, they have no Sleep time in the regime, it's all Free Time.

Which means that lockdowns (actually bang-ups) are extremely difficult. I almost always reach 99% but never get to 100% either due to stragglers, angry prisoners, etc. Also, the fact that some players have reported that riots ensued as a consequence of Death Row execution bang-ups seems to me that it's going against the spirit of the thing, which is to make it a solemn moment where there is nothing in the path of the prisoner's last mile.

So, I propose one of the two solutions for this:

1. Make a new type of "lockdown" for the area around the path leading to Execution. It would be a space where any cell block in proximity to that zone must have every prisoner locked in their cell and all personnel must remain clear for the duration of the execution.
2. Make it so that Executions are planned for specific times (say, exactly 24 hours from when you make the call). This would initiate a new type of "planned lockdown" where every prisoner and personnel staff are aware of the upcoming execution and thus prepare for it: take care of their needs ahead of time, plan to head into their cells about two hours before they are due to be in there, etc. This way, it can be done in an orderly, planned way, much like real-life executions.

Though the second version is more complicated, I rather like it because it gives the prisoner about to be executed time to have a last meal, which I think is an important part of the process that was left out of Executions. Maybe new assets could be built for the prisoner to have a great last meal, steak, lobster, crab cake, fondue, bacon pizza, etc.

In any case, in its current state, my prison is literally incapable of fulfilling executions because it can never reach complete lockdown (bang-up). I've tried keeping lockdown for the entire day, it stay at 99%, and it is rather frustrating that it needs to be 100% lockdown for execution to continue.
xPyr0x
level2
level2

Re: [SUGGESTION] Death Row - Bang-up issues + Last Meal

Postby xPyr0x » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 pm

On the day you plan to do your execution, wait till normal sleep hours, change regime to sleep/lockdown since bangup pisses them off more, do the execution at night. You shouldn't have them very often I wouldn't think. So once its over, you can go back to normal regime.
Person012345
level2
level2

Re: [SUGGESTION] Death Row - Bang-up issues + Last Meal

Postby Person012345 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Perhaps an execution lockup can give all prisoners a full suppression effect. That should stop them kicking off for the duration.

Return to “Community Members”