[Suggestion] Execution failures

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

christopher1006
level5
level5

[Suggestion] Execution failures

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:49 am

Looking around, I've seen some references to this but not a topic actually addressing something that's a major part of the controversy in executions. There's different things that describe a botched execution, from the person surviving to various degrees to them dying horrible deaths due to an oversight in the system. I bet that the Death Row system has some extra additions to go with it and hope that this will be included. Not because I enjoy the thought of having my own Green Mile event but rather because I want the full message to hit home. However, it's possible that it will only give certain aspects of the Media more fuel for their fires. While this addition makes sense to me, I'd really be interested in seeing the rest of the community respond with how they feel about features such as this.
DaniDE
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Execution failures

Postby DaniDE » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:37 pm

This first: Adding more detail in how someone can horribly die due to execution failure or mistakes should absolutely not be in a computer game. This level of detail is unnecessary for the ingame mechanic of death row and just adds cruelty that also would have to be visually represented somehow in-game.

If they implement a failure chance to executions, it should be a simple mechanic that makes the prisoner a max sec after a failed execution. He would be automatically pardoned by the governor (given a life sentence instead) because it would be cruel to put him through the whole death row process another time.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:49 pm

As far as I'm aware, once an execution has started, they don't stop. I would prefer not to have specialty animations designed for this. Rather a failure brings up a report and the prisoner takes a large but random within a certain range of damage.

*In addition, botched executions don't get cancelled as far as I'm aware. They just keep trying until the death of the inmate. A simple mechanic such as having to click "Execute" again should serve this purpose.

Edit: Fixed typos.
* Nevermind, I've found sources that show some countries giving survivors life sentences.
Last edited by christopher1006 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:06 pm

also if prisoner dies before being able to do clemity - its will result failure as well

there should be 3 times before abandoning execution
ouyin2000
level1
level1

Postby ouyin2000 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 pm

There is no need to have botched executions in this game. It's already a touchy enough subject and will likely result in a Mature rating from the ESRB once released, without the need for that much depth.
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 pm

If anything like this is going to be included, it has to be included in such a way that it is not obnoxious. I don't want to watch a prisoner twitch for 30 minutes while he is dieing. I don't want to watch a prisoner have second or third degree burns all over their body. This is a cartoony style game and I would like if it stayed that way.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:09 pm

ouyin2000 wrote:There is no need to have botched executions in this game. It's already a touchy enough subject and will likely result in a Mature rating from the ESRB once released, without the need for that much depth.

Right, because inmates stabbing "a snitch" or an ex-cop to death with a shard is cool, but to show that executions are not as hunky dory as pro-capital punishment people try to make you believe is... not acceptable.

How in seven hells is this game not "mature content" already!? :?:
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:31 am

Daimaju wrote:
ouyin2000 wrote:There is no need to have botched executions in this game. It's already a touchy enough subject and will likely result in a Mature rating from the ESRB once released, without the need for that much depth.

Right, because inmates stabbing "a snitch" or an ex-cop to death with a shard is cool, but to show that executions are not as hunky dory as pro-capital punishment people try to make you believe is... not acceptable.

How in seven hells is this game not "mature content" already!? :?:

I have to agree with this. The game has lots of violent content already (even if we are seeing cutsy sprites) and there is already plenty of death and crime. I remember Mark (jokingly?) said he would make sure that prisoners could crush other prisoners heads with the workshop press.

Return to “Community Members”