[suggestion] Mixing Room Security Levels

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Trixi
level2
level2

[suggestion] Mixing Room Security Levels

Postby Trixi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:34 pm

How about Mixing Room Security. For example that u can decline some rooms just for high/med security or an open door room for high security levels or low/medium/high security. Also i would like to decline areas as nonenter areas even for staff not to enter. So that your gardener/janitator dont work there and can concentrate on the parts of prisons.
desrocchi
level1
level1

Re: [suggestion] Mixing Room Security Levels

Postby desrocchi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:01 pm

I support this, at the moment we need to create color-coded corridors just to have a shared area accessible to only a subset of prisoners.
Trixi
level2
level2

Postby Trixi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm

yes, i know this corridors, i found out, that only lose 3 fields, if your building your corridor just at the end of a building, because in and outdoor areas are always separated.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =406715748

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =406716199
waschboer
level0

Postby waschboer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:15 pm

This would be a nice change.
It would help me a lot in my current prison, if I could restrict access for protective custody and leave it open to everyone else.
But id also like to be able to grant access for low and pc prisoners and shut out med/high sec
flummili
level0

Postby flummili » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:50 am

I would love mixed security rooms.
At one point I usually have three different groups: normal, protective and max.
I'd like to mix normal and max a bit more, but keep the protective custody prisoners out.
Djikiel
level1
level1

Postby Djikiel » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:53 pm

YES!

I was going to post the same idea and I found this post. Would be very nice!
Sumurai8
level2
level2

Postby Sumurai8 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:22 pm

+1
Juan_22
level1
level1

Postby Juan_22 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:46 pm

I support this too!
TylerJG92
level0

Postby TylerJG92 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:45 pm

+1 support
tmarshall85
level0

Postby tmarshall85 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 am

I was thinking about this the other day too. Extra customization in the colors would be great. Maybe a red-orange color to have areas that only mid+max can go in. etc.
Dj Duck
level0

Postby Dj Duck » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Good to see its not only me having this problem :)

Will make it much easier to make a functioning prison if not just for certain levels of prisoners to share a hallway to ex. the workshop
Best solution would be if you can select freely between the groups or just deselect a group!

another thing that could also fit here would be that if you use the door timers and lock some of the doors to change the route for prisoners then the route calculator needs a tweak as its not possible atm as prisoners will still go quickest route and and get stuck at a closed door!
Kilyle
level1
level1

Postby Kilyle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:00 pm

This is one of my biggest annoyances, really, having to make workarounds to ensure that my Snitch doesn't try to integrate with the other prisoners, yet has access to all the necessary areas during the night (when others are asleep) before I've managed to build special protected-only areas.

I mean, after I figured out why the AI was bugging out (cells need to face a closed circuit) and handled a couple escape attempts, almost 100% of the other problems have been either too many prisoners for the areas (failed to build fast enough or arrange the regime appropriately) or snitches and ex-cops getting shivved in the shower, canteen, holding cell, or any other place they can possibly be shivved.

I've gotten paranoid about reviewing every single prisoner as they enter, but even that hasn't helped, as one guy out of nowhere acquired the Snitch trait and got killed for being a Snitch before I had a chance to realize that this had happened. I even reloaded that save a couple times and I definitely didn't fail to notice it -- he doesn't have it and then he does and then he gets killed.

So being able to say "Protected guys do not go in here" would be great.

Being able to say "Max and higher do not go in here" would be great. Then I could let my mediums and my minimums enjoy the same rooms but keep the tough guys in their own area, without making weird corridors everywhere (and still, say, letting them both enjoy the same chapel or yard or schoolroom at different times, without getting mixed up in the wrong areas).

Being able to divide the security levels into different "shifts" would also make this a lot easier. Especially since the oranges are like five times as numerous as the others by the third or fourth day. If I could split oranges into three distinct shifts it'd ensure a much more effective use of resources, reduce the likelihood of a riot (if I'm reading the mechanics correctly), and let me get by with smaller rooms (such as the shower or canteen), since fewer people would be using them.

...actually, think I'm gonna make a new topic to cover that alone, since I didn't see it on my search a minute ago.
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Kilyle wrote:I've gotten paranoid about reviewing every single prisoner as they enter, but even that hasn't helped, as one guy out of nowhere acquired the Snitch trait and got killed for being a Snitch before I had a chance to realize that this had happened. I even reloaded that save a couple times and I definitely didn't fail to notice it -- he doesn't have it and then he does and then he gets killed.

This won't help your paranoia any, but...

Not all of the traits are revealed all at once all the time. Your prisoner doesn't suddenly acquire the trait, he has it already, it is still hidden. The "???" is gone, but that doesn't mean that all the traits are revealed.

The Czar
Kizu
level0

Postby Kizu » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:43 pm

+101 I believe I have been waiting this since alpha 18 :D
Jailer
level2
level2

Postby Jailer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 pm

+1