[Suggestion] Cable Management Node

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Squat500
level0

[Suggestion] Cable Management Node

Postby Squat500 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:13 am

I am loving the newly added feature to manage, route, and group cables into particular locations.
A suggestion I had would be to add a new object called a "J-box" or wiring box. With this box, the cables can be snapped to it and break out after, further helping cleanup. It may also simplify some of the coding by locking the nodes to integer points.

Fellow PA testers, let me know how this sounds and if I should include some simple concept art! :-)
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Cable Management Node

Postby lunaticneko » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:59 pm

I think I understand exactly what you mean, and I want that feature too.
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:12 am

GREAT idea but even a mod to do that be cool to:) Hope they put it in official though
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:46 am

yimbee wrote:GREAT idea but even a mod to do that be cool to:) Hope they put it in official though

I think that's why OP posted a suggestion instead of just making or downloading an existing mod ;)
Squat500
level0

Postby Squat500 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:50 am

lunaticneko wrote:
yimbee wrote:GREAT idea but even a mod to do that be cool to:) Hope they put it in official though

I think that's why OP posted a suggestion instead of just making or downloading an existing mod ;)

Indeed. I wish I had the time to create such a tweak, but full time work and student has me running at 110% right now... 40hrs sleep a week is starting to take a toll on sanity! :-)

Return to “Community Members”