add a 2 level bed

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Goosfrabaah
level1
level1

add a 2 level bed

Postby Goosfrabaah » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:35 pm

add a 2 level bec in the game for low sec, would make it more efficient. and add more to the capacity whitout having to build too much. and can have added risk factor to it.
dogsbody
level1
level1

Re: add a 2 level bed

Postby dogsbody » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:54 pm

This idea has been knocking around for ages - do a search on the forums for "bunk beds"

Mods - duplicate thread & can be closed
NascgiGale
level1
level1

Postby NascgiGale » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:13 pm

I think this is worth discussing again. If not bunk beds, which would be problematic for the current graphic scheme, at least allow more than one bed in a cell.

Mods - belay that command
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:21 pm

NascgiGale wrote:I think this is worth discussing again. If not bunk beds, which would be problematic for the current graphic scheme, at least allow more than one bed in a cell.

Mods - belay that command

I do think there is a mod that converts the requirements of a cell into being 2 spaces long and having a bed, so it would be easy to build '2 prisoner' cells. Of course one could cheat and build giant holding cell auditoriums and call it 50 cells, but for most players that extra freedom is welcome.

I have not tried it yet, but I feel that I should. I'm also very curious as to what happens when you have cells with 2 or 3 people... do you get more fights? More complaints demanding privacy?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Personally I feel like a Dorm kind of cell should be possible aswell the current system is a big limit. I need to keep my canteens and yards close to the cells because of the travelspeed but I also need a lot of room for cells.

I'd like to be able to have dorms for like 50 min sec prisoners, some smaller cells with up to 4 prisoners for med sec and bunk cells or single cells for max sec. Either bunkbeds or multiple floor are needed to allow for much bigger prisons but preferably both
jamtarts
level1
level1

Postby jamtarts » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:30 pm

I've tried making double occupancy cells with toilet, bookshelf and telly and had normal security prisoners murder one another because of it.

Return to “Community Members”