alpha 30 intake bonus balance

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Robbedem
level2
level2

alpha 30 intake bonus balance

Postby Robbedem » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 pm

In the new alpha video it was stated that you get money for intake + a basic amount per prisoner per day.
The idea is good because it prevents cheating, but I think the values are a bit unbalanced.
min: 300
med: 500
max: 1000

Since a maximum security prisoner will easily be in your prison 3 times as long as a minimal security prisoner and you need more guards to keep them in check, you will basicly earn a lot less money from them compared to the minimum security prisoners.
To solve this, the bonus values need to comply to the following formula:

bonus[max] / averagetime[max] > bonus[med] / averagetime[med] > bonus[min] / averagetime[min]

Or in words: The bonus for taking maximum security prisoners divided by the average time a maximum security prisoners sentence should be larger than the bonus for a medium security prisoner divided by the average sentence time for medium security prisoners.
(same for medium vs minimum)

How much larger can still be decided by the devs.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Re: alpha 30 intake bonus balance

Postby Threehorns » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:44 pm

I don't think it should matter that much though.

Expanding my prison with 200 cells cost me around 400.000 including 2 plots of lands (minimum land for lots cells)
That is 400.000 no matter which security difficulty. If i had used 4 plots of extra lands for those 200 extra cells or 8 plots for very luxureous foresty prison next to a lake ... it would still all be the same amount of cash for any difficulty to expand.

So the extra cash is just a bonus towards your playstyle, next to the daily bonus per prisoner per difficulty level.

And its extra cash after every Riot. .... I believe a good tip was to leave a backdoor open with armed guards ... prisoner in: 300-1000 ... prisoner out .... next!!
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I really welcome the cash influx when new prisoners show up, sometimes I would get 'stuck' trying to finish a wing of a prison and that will help. You are correct, that the numbers look a little low for max security, which could lead to a churn of low and mid, paroll them ASAP, bring in more low and mid. One of the risks for the designers is not accidentally creating 'optimal strategies' but overall this is in my opinion an improvement.
tmarshall85
level0

Postby tmarshall85 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:43 pm

lugaru wrote:I really welcome the cash influx when new prisoners show up, sometimes I would get 'stuck' trying to finish a wing of a prison and that will help. You are correct, that the numbers look a little low for max security, which could lead to a churn of low and mid, paroll them ASAP, bring in more low and mid. One of the risks for the designers is not accidentally creating 'optimal strategies' but overall this is in my opinion an improvement.

I think money is too easy now if you build large holding cells and lots of parole rooms and do ALL intake on minimum sec prisoners. Then schedule tons of parole hearings programs per day. Prisoners are in and out so fast.
Artophwar
level1
level1

Postby Artophwar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:31 am

Intakes bonus may need adjustment but I also think the parole bonus needs to be changed to different amounts based on prisoner security. A min sec parole should not be worth as much as a medium or max sec parole.

Return to “Community Members”