[Question] Tablet version for existing PC Buyers

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Niiro
level0

[Question] Tablet version for existing PC Buyers

Postby Niiro » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi there,
I just want to throw in a quick question to the developers. I know you've been working on a tablet version of PA and it seems to run quite smooth, so I am expecting to see a playable version very soon.
Question is though ... i bought the alpha on PC, for quite some bucks. Do I have to pay again to play the same game on my tablet? Or do we "backers" get some kind of discount to the finished tablet version? Maybe even free? Although i doubt the latter.

With kind regards,
Niiro
jomarcenter
level0

Re: [Question] Tablet version for existing PC Buyers

Postby jomarcenter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 am

Yeah! I also brought it via steam last December. do we expect a free copy for IOS and Android? I also wanted an Tablet version.
TheCanadianVending
level1
level1

Postby TheCanadianVending » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:58 am

I highly doubt that they will give away a version of the game you didn't pay for, free.
fidelio
level2
level2

Postby fidelio » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:37 am

having paid $50 for prison architect before it was even available on steam i wouldn't be too bothered not getting a free copy of the tablet version as my point in paying $50 was to help support the introversion staff pay their bills, do what they love, and make a game i'll get a ton of enjoyment out of as a result, and saying thank you for the games of theirs i have enjoyed in the past.

there have now been multiple opportunities for people to acquire the game for less than $10 through sales, and surely these people wouldn't expect for $10 to have the tablet version included after the fact.

that said, it would be a nice gift and show of appreciation on the part of introversion, for those who could have bought the pc and tablet versions many times over at sale prices, to be provided a gift copy of the tablet version, but as i said, as a supporter of introversion, it wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't.

would i buy it again on tablet? honestly, i don't know. i'm not made of money and probably wouldn't, not for lack of will or desire, but you know, economics.

had i bought in on pc for $10 would i buy in again on tablet for $10, hell f@#k yeah. if you got the game on sale, just buy the damn tablet version if you want it. $20 is still dirt cheap for prison architect.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 am

TheCanadianVending wrote:I highly doubt that they will give away a version of the game you didn't pay for, free.

Why not? You already get THREE versions of the game for buying it: PC, Mac and Linux. If you count the Steam version, it's even four versions.
I bought the game at a stage of development where Linux and Steam weren't available yet and I still got a Steam key and I could download the Linux version if I had Linux.

Return to “Community Members”