[Suggestion] Starving while waiting for solitary

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

neerak
level0

[Suggestion] Starving while waiting for solitary

Postby neerak » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:23 am

After a riot, I have a lot of prisoners sitting in place not allowed to go eat because they're waiting for solitary. Also, prisoners in solitary for long periods miss meal time and regularly starve.

I suggest you allow me to override the punishment or prisoners in or waiting for solitary to be their own lockup category (Min/ Normal / Max / SuperMax / Solitary ) so I can allow them out to eat if I choose. It's ridiculous that I can't feed them!
RJenkos
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestion] Starving while waiting for solitary

Postby RJenkos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Currently, punishments don't really work anyway. They never learn from it.
So until it's fixed, I just have .5 hour times for everything. I had punishments off but then prisoners would get stuck in cuffs all the time.
ryacko
level1
level1

Postby ryacko » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:56 am

neerak wrote:After a riot, I have a lot of prisoners sitting in place not allowed to go eat because they're waiting for solitary. Also, prisoners in solitary for long periods miss meal time and regularly starve.

I suggest you allow me to override the punishment or prisoners in or waiting for solitary to be their own lockup category (Min/ Normal / Max / SuperMax / Solitary ) so I can allow them out to eat if I choose. It's ridiculous that I can't feed them!

For every 4 cells I have, I have one solitary cell.

It's a pretty good ratio.

Or you could feed prisoners a lot of high quality food, that prevents riots.
Dybing
level1
level1

Postby Dybing » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:26 pm

More guards and a good capacity of solitary cells will help mitigate the queue of prisoners needing some readjustment after a riot.

As for the starving feature - I've used this to get rid of a particularly nasty 'legendary' inmate that had this habit of killing people once he got miffed that the toilet seat was cold in the morning. Got put in solitary whilst unconscious, and then a gang of workers proceeded to remove the door a brick it up with a wall instead. I know, cruel and all. But he'd already killed two guards. We need the electric chair for such maniacs.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Dybing wrote:We need the electric chair for such maniacs.

Hardly, we just need a viable 24-hour Lecter lockdown.
dapullia
level1
level1

Postby dapullia » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:21 am

If your having a problem like this then most likely "The Cooler" (to make a Hogan's Hero's or The Great Escape pun) is not large enough. Generally for a 100 prisoner prison, I will have about a 30 cell "Cooler" (ie. Solitary Cell Block) for them of cells that are generally 2x1 with a toilet. Never had a problem yet. I will tell you can it can be busy at times but it works out. I also suggest multiple solitary divisions with each divided by classification of prisoner. 20 (12 High, and 8 for Medium) go to your high and medium sec guys, then your low sec only gets the rest as they don't seem to misbehave as badly as the higher classifications. I don't even mention Supermax or Protective Custody here. I generally build a Supermax House and PC House which are self contained (Cell Blocks, Yard, Common Rooms, Canteens, cleaning closets, except for I always build a common kitchen for all canteens in my facilities). Supermax House and my PC House all have their own holes. I generally have about 10 solitary cells in Supermax House (Generally "The Hole" gets very busy here) and then maybe 1 to 4 solitary cells in PC House as generally I only build PC with 4 to 10 regular cells (not normally too busy).

Return to “Community Members”