[Suggestion] An option to stop the import of sheet metal !

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

yamapopi
level0
Location: France, alias cheese/baguette/frog land, le pays des fromages qui puent quoi.

[Suggestion] An option to stop the import of sheet metal !

Postby yamapopi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:16 am

Hello there.

I am getting problems to optimise my beds production.
We all agree that producing beds is the best way to make money.
1 tree= 100 $, 1 bed = 400$

Problem: Sheet metal makes production slower by blocking saws.
I have plenty of carpentry table, workman and qualified prisoners.
And when I tried to raise my log production, logs got exported...

Perhaps my problems can still be explained by a bad distribution of my forestry/deliveries/exports/workshops.

But anyways, it would be a great help if there was just an option to stop the import of sheet metal (and btw why not allowing the import of logs at something like 200$ each?)

The workshop safety induction only requires workshop saw so the training of new workers will be possible even without the press.

I really hope the message will be read be the developpers, I saw some posts almost one year old about this issue on other forums.

Btw, This game ROCKS.
Last edited by yamapopi on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threehorns
level3
level3

Re: An option to stop the import of sheet metal !

Postby Threehorns » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 am

the beds is a bug as I got a prisoner who makes them, but they are not counted.
Poor Moss working into the wee hours of the night and probably just eating the beds or destroys them out of evilness.
yamapopi
level0
Location: France, alias cheese/baguette/frog land, le pays des fromages qui puent quoi.

Re: [Suggestion] An option to stop the import of sheet meta

Postby yamapopi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:11 pm

I saw a post giving that solution :

"RGeezy911 wrote:
To answer the original poster, shanethegooner.

You will need to modify your materials.txt file.

(Assuming you're using Windows and the Steam version)
Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Prison Architect and find main.dat. Then open it with a program like WinRAR or similar. Find the materials.txt file and open it with any text editor. Use the search function (CTRL + F) and look for SheetMetal. Change the MaxStackSize to 0, then save the file and update it in the archive. Launch the game and the sheet metal should stop getting ordered.

Hope this helps"

If it's possible to stop the import of sheet metal that way, it might be possible to implement an option in the game to turn the MaxStackSize to 0, right?
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:12 pm

I am sure they well add options for different things in the finished fully released version. I bet there many things they done to PA we not seeing in the Alpha versions. Mind you am sure a mod could work for now? Anyway know how to do a small mod so we don`t have to edit the txt files?
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

I just wanted to necro this post to say thx for the workaround solution and to reiterate the importance of having this as an official option in the game.

I edited my file last night and have never made so much profit with the sheet metal not clogging up my machines!

I really hope this will become an in-game option to control the exact import/exports I want in the future!
It would work perfectly with the micromanagement unlock we currently have. :)
metalbunny
level1
level1

Postby metalbunny » Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

yamapopi wrote:I saw a post giving that solution :

That's a workaround, not a solution.

It's the same with many other things in the game. Books are bought even when your library has a massive backlog and appears to be full, and not enough food is consistently bought because it only buys enough food for 1 day (which make fridges pointless) and don't distribute it correctly.

But these are all things that hopefully will be looked at in the beta when the game is "feature complete".

Return to “Community Members”