[Sugestion] - Garage/Mechanic

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Baron_Blackbird
level0

[Sugestion] - Garage/Mechanic

Postby Baron_Blackbird » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:26 am

Howdy,

Last night while streaming on twitch it hit me we have the ability to build roads, but some of my community members said it is merely cosmetic & if I were to build a road truck drivers would simply ignore them & not deliver goods down the road.

For example, if I were to purchase the land west of my original plot, build a road leading there & designate a delivery area there the trucks would not go there to drop supplies off. If all of my supplies are delivered along the original road then a kitchen built a plot or two away from the original road has a hard time getting the supplies it needs in a timely manner or before the staff member becomes tired.

The larger we make our prison the longer it takes for staff & prisoners to move about; which is part of the challenge-- to a point.

My suggestion is for a new room to be added: The Garage.

The Garage: Requirements
    Lead Mechanic
    Tool Chest
    Lift (for vehicles)

Addition of new Programs
    A Basic Garage Safety Class
    A Mechanic Certification

Contraband
    Tools
    Shanks
    Picks
    ???

Lead Mechanic: Requirements
    Researched in Bureaucracy
    Office

Golf Carts while not requiring a Garage to run or be purchased would need one to be maintained. Over time their speed could be reduced until they are put in the shop for repairs. They could be electric or petrol powered as either one would need a shop for maintenance. If they were made electrical, then the addition of charging stations where they need to be taken to be restored to full power could also be introduced much like tazers needing an hour to recharge.

Adding Golf Carts or other vehicles would allow the movement of supplies around the prison from the current road side delivery areas in a more timely manner.

Another addition could be the necessity of workers taking & passing a driving course before they could drive the Golf Carts around.

Love the game & it is so much more than the name implies which is one reason I added it to my stream.

Baron Blackbird
My twitch Channel
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Re: [Sugestion] - Garage/Mechanic

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 am

This can be (easily?) modded in.
Get together with a modder and they can help you.

Cheers,
Jasper
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:24 pm

When a feature is suggested, it is suggested that it is added to the main game.

I do agree though that the single-road is not very scalable when managing mega-prisons.

However, I'm pretty sure that it's a matter of time until some trucks "got brakes cut" and crashed "uncontrollably" into the security complex. Right into the Armory itself, before two hundred angry prisoners jump in and kill all the guards.
RichieGrape
level4
level4

Postby RichieGrape » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:13 pm

lunaticneko wrote:However, I'm pretty sure that it's a matter of time until some trucks "got brakes cut" and crashed "uncontrollably" into the security complex. Right into the Armory itself, before two hundred angry prisoners jump in and kill all the guards.

now that sounds like a good time

Return to “Community Members”