[SUGGESTION] Disciplinary meeting

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Turnspike
level1
level1

[SUGGESTION] Disciplinary meeting

Postby Turnspike » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 am

Basically this comes from thinking the Warden hasn't got a lot to do.

Individual inmates could have meetings with the Warden. Depending on their misconduct he might extend their sentence, deny parole, or transfer their security level.
This would probably need each inmate's misconduct or personal improvements during their stay to be kept in a list.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: [SUGGESTION] Disciplinary meeting

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:34 am

A few issues I have with this.

Turnspike wrote:Depending on their misconduct he might extend their sentence

Prison Wardens do not have that authority, and it happens automatically already (for murder)

deny parole

That's why he's in the parole hearings.. therefore, already implemented.

transfer their security level.

That is YOUR job and already happens automatically for certain crimes.
Turnspike
level1
level1

Postby Turnspike » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:22 pm

It doesn't have to be limited to that. He could ban them from work or deny yard time etc. There's plenty of scope to work something out.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Turnspike wrote:It doesn't have to be limited to that. He could ban them from work or deny yard time etc. There's plenty of scope to work something out.

Ahhh yes, much better... though I don't know how easily the devs could implement this. I guess it could work similarly to Lockdown or Solitary punishments, but be exclusive to work and/or yard times.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 am

Turnspike wrote:Basically this comes from thinking the Warden hasn't got a lot to do.

I don't think so at all. In my prison (capacity 200+ inmates and still increasing) I'm having a hard time keeping up with all parole hearings my prisoners deserve. My warden is in the Parole room 16 hours a day. Would you like to work that long EVERY day? :wink:
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 pm

Somebody on the forum who had worked 'in the industry' suggested one or more 'assistant wardens' and also one or more 'assistant police captains' and it is starting to look really appealing with all these paroles.

Personally beyond the disciplinary hearing idea, I would LOVE to see the Chapel either used or 'cloned' into an auditorium. In other words just like you can have a random religious figure come impart a sense of calm, I would love a sort of assembly area (or maybe use the same chapel) where you can schedule a motivational talk from celebrated figures like the Warden, Police Chief (for good behaviour), Psychologist (for a delay on alcohol need), Doctor (for a delay on drug need) and maybe some visiting people (like a dude who looks like Danny Trejo explaining how great life can be after prison).

Return to “Community Members”