Parole program is glitched

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Daz
level0

Parole program is glitched

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Hello. I created a parole program with parole room. What happens/happened is that the warden and chief showed up in the room, and the prisoner and his lawyer never did. The warden and chief never left after the end of the scheduled parole program time. I have tried removing the parole room designation as well as the door, but they're both just sitting at the table unmoving. They are currently both very tired, and I have prisoners that have a negative hours of waiting for release because of this.
Zurk
level0

Re: Parole program is glitched

Postby Zurk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

I've seen a Prisoner leaving the Parole because of Workingtime,
the warden and the chief waited the whole day for him to return.
But did you check the path for the prisoner,
maybe he can't even reach the room.
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Zurk wrote:I've seen a Prisoner leaving the Parole because of Workingtime,
the warden and the chief waited the whole day for him to return.
But did you check the path for the prisoner,
maybe he can't even reach the room.

Watched one leave to go visit with his family for an hour. 'Bout to go free and you want to waste time with family that you'll see every day after this? Really?? He eventually came back and was released, but still. The two parole failures I've seen were 1.) just had to go to regime lockdown instead of finishing that last bit of the hearing and 2.) one last prison meal was more important, again at the last scheduled hour of the hearing.

Of those that I have seen (plenty not listed), the Warden and the Chief both waited patiently for the prisoner's return. Additionally, the prisoner's liar... I mean lawyer... just plain never showed up more times than I care to count.

But going back to the original issue at hand, I've also noticed that the Warden likes the parole room so much that he never leaves; his office is literally just across the hallway. The Chief will leave for short periods (to run the (broken) tazer cert class (a separate issue)) but always comes back, despite his office also being just across the hallway. I think that they're still waiting for one of the aforementioned failures to return but I am uncertain. I would think cancelling the parole hearings all together would solve the issue but I haven't been able to test that theory as of late.

Again, back to the original issue, it is entirely possible that the prisoner being a no-show was due to lockdown or solitary. Or trapped on the other side of the prison. Definitely need to make sure that all your prisoners (that you'd want to go to the room) can make it to the room (no staff only areas blocking their path, no locked doors, not dying in the infirmary, etc.).

Negative hours waiting for release is unrelated to parole. It just means that instead of being released on time they'd prefer to do other things, such as being naughty and spending time in solitary, or sleep one last night in prison instead of at home. Prisoners up for parole are not listed in the "Due for Release Soon" list beyond saying how many you have waiting on a hearing. The "Due for Release Soon" list is used for prisoners that served 100% (or more) of their time and are legitimately going free.

The Czar
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 am

Mine seems to have gotten hosed as well. It was working. I saw some guys get released early, then something happened not sure what. Maybe it was me trying to adjust the times to see if I could squeeze in three a day.

Anyway now the Lawyer never seems to show up. I have prisoners make it. Warden and Chief sit there but no lawyer ever shows. I've even watched the edge of the screen. Never seem him enter.

Tried stopping them and them starting them again but no dice. Still no Lawyer ever shows up.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:04 pm

The lawyer pretty much never shows up but that has never stopped my parole programs from completing (so far). They just do it without him.
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Yeah, it seems to work on and off for me. Most of the time, the warden and chief will get stuck in the parole room while the prisoner and the lawyer stop showing up. Saving, quitting and reloading usually solve it for me, at least for a while.

The feature was just added, so I'm not really surprised it has some issues. They should hopefully be fixed in the next update.
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:28 am

Mine never works for me mind you I cant reschedule my classes etc don`t get the time table screen any more.
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 am

yimbee wrote:Mine never works for me mind you I cant reschedule my classes etc don`t get the time table screen any more.

Did you unlock micromanage? You have to do that now.
yimbee
level1
level1

Postby yimbee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 pm

CumpyLustard wrote:Yeah, it seems to work on and off for me. Most of the time, the warden and chief will get stuck in the parole room while the prisoner and the lawyer stop showing up. Saving, quitting and reloading usually solve it for me, at least for a while.

The feature was just added, so I'm not really surprised it has some issues. They should hopefully be fixed in the next update.

Sometimes I think people for get its Early Access :) At the start prisoners had no heads , clothes lol

Return to “Community Members”