idea

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

benpowerman
level2
level2

idea

Postby benpowerman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:14 am

make people who are hurt in your prison. go to the medical wing or infirmary.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: idea

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 am

benpowerman wrote:make people who are hurt in your prison. go to the medical wing or infirmary.

Guards/other staff already do that. Prisoners need to be taken there by guards, which makes sense. After all, this is a prison, the inmates shouldn't be allowed to go in and out of a room filled with needles, scalpels and narcotics as they pleased.
That said, the guards taking prisoners there still has the same priority to them as any other guard duty, which is why it could take a while, especially if there are very few guards available. This will probably be fixed in a later version.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:16 am

Well I had a prisoner who was seriously injured just near the entrance to the infirmary. The guard came and took him all the way back to his cell. If he could find time to do that why couldn't he make the last-minute decision to pop him into the infirmary? I would simply rewrite that little section of script so that if a "take to cell" job comes up on a guard's tasklist, once they get to the prisoner, an IF statement checks the prisoner's health, and takes them instead to the infirmary. Cos while my guard was taking the prisoner to the other side of the prison to his cell, I actually had a doctor following them trying to treat him but the guard refused to stop frogmarching him to his cell. Looked kind of disrespectful :D
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Inge Jones wrote:Cos while my guard was taking the prisoner to the other side of the prison to his cell, I actually had a doctor following them trying to treat him but the guard refused to stop frogmarching him to his cell. Looked kind of disrespectful :D

Haha! Yeah, they do that all the time :D

The guards also take injured prisoners to solitary first. Sometimes they notice the prisoner is hurt and will take him to infirmary afterwards. But most of the time they will led them bleed out in solitary. My solution for this right now:

Having them go trough infirmary helps a lot. Usually doctors will follow them to their solitary cells automatically.

But i agree, guards should pay more attention to prisoners health and take them to infimary first when they are injured.

Return to “Community Members”