Up to date Modding Guide?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Wnik
level1
level1

Up to date Modding Guide?

Postby Wnik » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 am

Is there an up to date in depth modding guide? or has nothing changed since alpha 25 involving modding?

Back in alpha 25 I wrote a small mod, I was thinking of rewriting it/updating it but I wanted to update it to the best practices involving modding for this game now.

So if anyone has any guides other the wiki http://devwiki.introversion.co.uk/pa/in ... tart_Guide

Please post them here, if there in depth I really don't care what version they are for.

Thank you, for any useful responses.
blipadouzi
level4
level4

Re: Up to date Modding Guide?

Postby blipadouzi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:35 am

If we're talking about just basic modding, in materials.txt, needs.txt type of files, then there's really nothing much that has changed.

The LUA scripting however, has changed a TON. I don't do any scripting, but from the change logs, they keep adding new hooks every update.
Wnik
level1
level1

Postby Wnik » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm

I was including Lua scripting. Thats the part of the modding I care a bit more for, since the other stuff is not really coding.
dreadicon
level0

Postby dreadicon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:19 pm

I too would really like to see an updated documentation for modding. I want to try my hand at 2-prisoner cells that have proper restrictions/drawbacks/etc.
Wnik
level1
level1

Postby Wnik » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 am

Now that is funny. That was exactly what I wanted to do.

Return to “Community Members”