PA on console? Your thoughts.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

czar mohab
level2
level2

Re: PA on console? Your thoughts.

Postby czar mohab » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:39 am

henke37 wrote:Anyone remember Starcraft for the N64? No? Me neither.

No, but I do remember Command and Conquer for the PS1. And C&C:Red Alert; and C&C:RA:Retaliation; and Dune 2000... C&C:RA was also made available on the PS3 and PSP...

Point here is that any game can be ported, for good or for ill, and it works both ways. Minecraft on PS4 is actually fairly decent, as it is on Android, despite the obvious limitations. GTA:IV on PC wasn't the best port and almost ruined the game for me. The examples are many, but start to deviate from the primary thought of the thread.

I *really really really* want to see PA for Android (I suppose iPad as well - not my favorite thing to say but there it is), but I won't be overly crushed if it doesn't get there ever for whatever reason.

Now, a port to PS3/4 or XBOX1/360? I'm not that interested in right now. Maybe in a year or two when PA is in full release and the only thing left to update are the last few remaining "Name in the Game" and the squashing of that one last bug that does that one thing but no one knows why or how. Wii U was mentioned but honestly the next iteration of Nintendo console should be the goal instead, but that's just my 2 cp.

Technology is advancing at such a pace that we no longer live in a world of one or the other, but a world of "Why not both?" And why not? PA can be ported (all difficulties aside) to at least one other device so - why not? If the Devs want to explore the option that is their prerogative, and I support it. If they decide "nuts to that idea", I support that, too.

The Czar

P.S. Honestly, if they skipped the console/Android/iOS ports all together and went for this I'd support that path more than just saying "+1 good idea".
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:16 pm

The biggest issue for me is that they simply, in my opinion, do not have the capacity to do this. This thing they are working on is no longer a project they started selling to get some feedback and income, this is a game that has been sold over a million times.

They stated in their Alpha 28 video that they got a lot of feedback saying that progress is too slow. Sure, the last Alpha was a decent sized one but the previous 2 weren't and they should be pushing out Alpha's like Alpha 29 every 2 to 3 weeks, not 5 weeks. I'm aware that 'Chris' can't do this but like I said, it's not this little project anymore. If they wish to keep growing, not just as gamedevelopers but also as a company, they need to invest in new staff to step up their pace. I'd enjoy an Android version but to take a month out of an already too slow Alpha production is like slapping their 1 million players in the face and stop working on the game they love for a month to port to a different platform.

I sincerely hope that one of the developers will read this and do something with this. I still haven't found a single person who would prefer to stop Alpha production for a month to possibly get a tablet version now over getting a tablet version once the game is finished.
spectacularnono18
level2
level2

Postby spectacularnono18 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:59 pm

I think they should finish the game on PC before doing anything at all in consoles or ipads.... Cuz right now we just lost a month worth of juicy alpha features....

Return to “Community Members”